“Nature Paradise”
Review of Jaguar's Jungle

Jaguar's Jungle
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Best place for relaxation and adventure at the same time in the jungle and the sea. Bring enough cash and everything else you need like special food and drinks, the nearest shop is a few kilometers away. For me the food was absoulut perfect, healthy and delicious. Pluck and eat as much coconut and mango you want :) Sharks and turtles while snorkeling on Cano island. Monkeys, snakes, tapirs, sloths, and many other wonderful animals right outside your door or at hiking in the Corcovado National Park right next to.
I had so much fun with the people there and every day was a new little adventure together.
I can not describe how happy I was at this place, I would have loved to stay much longer. Absolutely the most beautiful place I had ever been in my life and to which I will come back for sure.

1  Thank Anna R

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This place might be at the top of the list of most beautiful places I have ever been. If you're looking for nature and animals, love the the ocean, and enjoy night after night of spectacular sunsets- go here. Super chill atmosphere (time behaves differently over there), combined with endless potential for adventure (once you've spent enough time in the hammock ask leo about activities) Yummy healthy food and great people always coming through. Remember, there is no road or stores nearby, if there are some things you cant live without or special food you'd like to have- bring them with you before getting on the boat. Leave the world behind and go spend some time in paradise!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Yael L
Reviewed 15 May 2014

A beautiful hostile in the Corcodova Jungle. With private beaches and hike entrances there is always something to do. The people are lovely and genuine. It's a gem on the coast on the jungle. I went with a group of UCSB students and I can say we had a trip of a lifetime. We snorkeled, hiked waterfalls, swam in Rio Claro, relaxed at the hostile, hiked in the Jungle and even camped! I would definitely come back :)

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Demerismorse
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I live in Drake bay, a destination in itself, and I still find myself wanting to take the adventure out to Jungla de Jaguar ever chance I get! It is a magnificent property smack dab next to Corcovado National Park. Although it is in it's own Primary forest so really, you can see most everything you would in the park while there wandering the many kilometers of trails winding through the jungle expanses of the property. (The park is special too though, so if you can go! They provides tours.) It makes Luxemburg affordable. (Not a common thing when traveling Costa Rica.) With the rolling lawn, great for yoga, dancing, lounging, bonfires on the beach, the most incredible sunset you could imagine over the ocean every night right in the middle of the view, the trees so old you feel their wisdom, waterfalls close by, the fresh caught fish and snorkeling right off the beach. Really, truly, GO! You might never want to leave. <3

1  Thank Coco B
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Jaguar's Jungle was by far the coolest place I've stayed during 3 different trips to CR. This place exceded any wildlife expectations I had about the Osa Peninsula before arriving. I got to see scarlet macaws, coati, tapir, bat caves, crocidiles, a sloth, and much more within a short walking distsnce from the owner's property. The hostel itself was a beach & jungle paradise - it had beautiful empty beaches for swimming/snorkeling, numerous jungle trails for hiking, a nice deck and a large grassy area to kick back and read while eating freshly picked mangos and coconuts from the property. The owner and staff were accommodating and extremely knowledgeable while helping me to organize activities in the surrounding areas. Whether you're looking for relaxation or fun activities, this place definitely has it all.

1  Thank Joe S
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Jungla del Jaguar is a one of a kind; a secret coastal getaway situated along the Corcovado National Rainforest. The owner, Leo, is incredibly knowledgeable, helpful, and welcoming. The environment here is teeming with wildlife, as the beachside hostel is surrounded by miles of primary tropical rainforest. I had the opportunity to visit the national park, snorkel at Caño Island, sea kayak, along with a myraid of other adventures during my stay here. I fell in love with the region, as I ended up staying a week longer than intended. The hostel itself is beautiful and large, with a soon-to-be yoga studio in the making. The communal space is unbeatable; a wooden outdoor patio, grassy lawn, cosy dining room, and one of the largest book collections I've seen in a hostel. I had all of my meals here, as the food is healthy and top-notch (they offer vegetarian options for all meals!). I highly recommend this location to any traveller who loves adventure. The world is your oyster at Jungla Del Jaguar.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Mariel L
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Meeting Leo, and being invited to be at his childhood home was amazing! It was so incredible to be able to talk to someone, who speaks my language, and has an education (he's a Biologist born Costa Rican to American parents...) Great vibe, fresh food (he catches the fish) and INCREDIBLE property. We walked from Drake Bay through 22 different beaches, spent a few hours in Rio Clara on the way, before completeing the 15km trek to the most remote place I've ever been, total paradise... on the ocean, and literally on corner of Corcovados national Park. We saw Tapiers and monkeys before even getting far into the jungle.

Room Tip: There are private cabins, or the 'hostel' is a two storey building, with no windows.. bunk b...