We took the road to Drake Bay as there was some worry about the boat ride and it was so worth the drive! The view and adventure was brilliant! There were a few rivers to cross but there are locals that will advise you as to the best way through. None of them was dangerous! The people along the way were so friendly and you get the opportunity to support these local businesses if you take the road in. Once at Drake Bay, we were picked up and escorted a short boat ride to the lodge. John met us and was a wonderful representative of what was in store for us. We had a large tent while our travel companions had a cottage. Our place was comfortable with a great view. You should note that this is a rain forest and even if it is not rainy season, it is still quite humid. So bedding tends to feel a bit damp, but that is worth all the beauty and experiences you will have. I cannot eat gluten and this was not a problem for our host. The food is great and John ensures that everyone is well taken care of!! He is an outstanding employee Las Caletas! We made sure to hike the trails later in the afternoon or early in the morning. Sunset is brilliant and I highly recommend that you hike to the beach where you can see one. There are so many act ivies available and we took in the snorkeling at canos island. It was fantastic! Worth every cent! We saw so many wonderful fish and sea turtles and spotted dolphins. The day includes a great lunch on a beautiful beach complete with a troupe of scarlettt macaws! Amazing!! Gregory lead the snorklling adventure and as a biologist, his knowledge is profound! He also heads up a night walk but we were too tired from the snorkeling to take advantage of that. If you are considering going to the Osa, I recommend staying at Las Caletas Lodge!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Caletas Lodge offers comfortable and clean accommodations; fresh and delicious food and a friendly and helpful staff who will make the best effort to make our guests stay an unforgettable nature experience combined with a family atmosphere. Enjoy the great panoramic ocean and rainforest views and awake by the sound of the rainforest and ocean. You'll be surrounded by an exuberant vegetation with wildlife of all shapes, sizes and colors. Careful landscaping highlights our natural setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Las Caletas Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Caletas - Drake Bay Hotel Drake Bay
- Hotel Las Caletas Lodge Costa Rica/Drake Bay