Stayed in the honeymoon suite which was a simple bungalow, bedroom upstairs, bathroom downstairs with a nice hammock area. We were woken up (in a good way!) by monkeys in our trees, howling monkeys yelling, scarlet macaws squawking, and tons of birds chirping. A true jungle experience. David is very helpful and got us a last minute trip to Corcovado which was great and worth the $95pp.
Food was just ok. Pasta, simple burritos, salad served family style. But, hey, you're literally off the grid in the jungle. The internet was broken the entire time we were there too - that's life! Def. not a place where people are waiting on you but it's simple and elegant in a rustic sort of way.
All in all, 2 nights wasn't enough - would have preferred 3 or 4 (def. not more) to do more walking along the beach path and exploring on my own. The staff was nice and very laid back. We had a great time. We met some great friends and it really lends itself to making friends with other guests. We enjoyed that part too.
The honeymoon suite is not luxe (my wife had a scorpion in her towel) and it was a perfect mix between upscale lodging and Thailand style bungalow traveling. Perfect for those wishing to make Costa Rica their own experience and we would return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Caletas Lodge offers comfortable and clean accommodations; fresh and delicious food and a friendly and helpful staff who will make the best effort to make our guests stay an unforgettable nature experience combined with a family atmosphere. Enjoy the great panoramic ocean and rainforest views and awake by the sound of the rainforest and ocean. You'll be surrounded by an exuberant vegetation with wildlife of all shapes, sizes and colors. Careful landscaping highlights our natural setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Las Caletas Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Caletas - Drake Bay Hotel Drake Bay
- Hotel Las Caletas Lodge Costa Rica/Drake Bay