If you're looking for the perfect open air tropical rain forest experience Las Caletas may be what you're looking for. The Hosts, David and his wife were most attentive and friendly during me and my wife's six night stay there in the latter half of July. David was a good concierge for off site activities whether it was whale watching, snorkeling, visiting the Corcovado National Park or others.
We woke up to sounds of the the ocean waves, monkeys, critters and tropical birds of all kinds. The food was excellent, breakfast, lunch and dinner which in my opinion easily measured up to food we had at good hotels and restaurants in Europe. And we really enjoyed the cosmopolitan mix of people we dined and had our activities with. The grounds were very well kept.. There is a great view of Drake Bay from the dining area. The climate is a warm and humid, but overall it was a truly great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Caletas Lodge offers comfortable and clean accommodations; fresh and delicious food and a friendly and helpful staff who will make the best effort to make our guests stay an unforgettable nature experience combined with a family atmosphere. Enjoy the great panoramic ocean and rainforest views and awake by the sound of the rainforest and ocean. You'll be surrounded by an exuberant vegetation with wildlife of all shapes, sizes and colors. Careful landscaping highlights our natural setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotel.de, HRS, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Las Caletas Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Caletas - Drake Bay Hotel Drake Bay
- Hotel Las Caletas Lodge Costa Rica/Drake Bay