Spent three nights here in August. From the arrival through the breakers from the Sierpe river, to our return through the mangroves, it was a perfect trip. The view to the bays on either side of the lodge is beautiful, with stunning sunsets, and fireflies light up the grass and trees in the evening. David was very friendly, the food was great, and the kids (16 & 13) loved their afternoon cakes, hammocks & wifi. We did two trips with Gregorio, the brilliant guide - at Cano we saw whales, dolphins, turtles & more fish than I'd expected - parrot fish, angel fish etc. And in Corcovado, sloth, tapir, monkeys galore, scarlet macaw, crocodile, caiman & some seriously scary spiders. Special mention too to Isaac, for some very skilled boatmanship… We enjoyed travelling in the rainy season, quieter, and generally hot and sunny for most of the day before some spectacular, warm, downpours & lightning shows.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Caletas Lodge offers comfortable and clean accommodations; fresh and delicious food and a friendly and helpful staff who will make the best effort to make our guests stay an unforgettable nature experience combined with a family atmosphere. Enjoy the great panoramic ocean and rainforest views and awake by the sound of the rainforest and ocean. You'll be surrounded by an exuberant vegetation with wildlife of all shapes, sizes and colors. Careful landscaping highlights our natural setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hotel.de, HRS, Priceline, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Las Caletas Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Caletas - Drake Bay Hotel Drake Bay
- Hotel Las Caletas Lodge Costa Rica/Drake Bay