We stayed at the tent camp for 2 nights over the Christmas holidays. Yes, you are staying in tents! But they are shaded, sheltered, and pristinely clean. We had the "honeymoon suite" right next to the water. The sound of the surf was wonderful at night. The sound of the jungle was fantastic in the morning: BIrds and Howler monkeys. The tent camp is really in the middle of nowhere. Jungle all around. Beautiful coastline! A five minute walk away is a gorgeous swimming beach to go play in the waves. Further along the trail is the beautiful Rio Claro. The camp has a very laid back atmosphere, but is still organized and helpful. Macaws fly overhead regularly and eat almonds from the trees on the beach. White faced monkeys move through the camp in curious, active troops. Lizards, insects, frogs, all show up unexpectedly. This is a piece of paradise. The only inconvenient thing is the shared bathrooms. They are cleaned regularly, but tend to
be sandy and wet. Make sure you bring a flashlight because there is no
electricity in the tents. Enjoy the experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp offers luxury tent accommodations on the beach with amazing views and abundant wildlife, a relaxing environment immersed in the natural wonders of the Osa peninsula. It is truly one of the most beautiful places on Earth. Discover why National Geographic calls it, "The most biologically diverse place on the planet." Affordable comfort and luxury with full board delicious fare and a full range of Corcovado National Park and Cano Island tours on land and sea. Unique accommodations in full-size tents with wood-frame beds, private decks, electricity, wireless internet and breathtaking ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, HostelWorld, HotelsClick and Booking.com so you can book your Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp Hotel Drake Bay
- Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp Costa Rica/Drake Bay