My daughter collected donations for the Nature Conservancy Adopt an Acre program for the Osa Peninsula for her 11th year birthday party, so we decided to go there! My husband was hesitant to attempt something so adventurous - we have traveled to Cancun, Tulum, Mexico and stayed at resorts, been to Hawaii staying in condos, but a tent camp for 5 nights??? But we had an lifetime experience - right near the beach with awesome views and swimming, the meals were hearty, the international visitors added to the flavor of the meal - we stayed longer than most and patience paid off, monkeys in the camp, the resident scarlet maccaws, leaf cutter ants. The day trips to Cana Island and the Corcovado National Park were led by the resident tour guide and were informative and hot, much focused on the rainforest plants, discussion of resident wildlife. Bring jungle colored clothing, be ready to be hot and then remember that animals in the wild are not like animals in the zoo. They will not come up to you, they will evade you...but if you are patient, you will see animals, or traces of animals in a beautiful country, that's part of the adventure! The bath/showers are clean, but cold. Tents are a bit warm at night, but no critters to worry about at night. Ocean breeze kept bugs away for the most part. Plan to pay your balance in cash since limited ability to pay any other way. Would highly recommend this adventure for kids that love to be outdoors, and love camping - much time was spent on the beach and in the lagoon where tadpoles were hanging out. We absolutely loved the whole experience - we flew into Drake Bay where we were met by taxi and then taken to boat to the tent camp - all managed seamlessly by Corcovado Tent camp staff. We also enjoyed a great horseback ride back into the hills - great views and a chance to see where Costa Ricans live.
Go, Experience days away from civilization, Enjoy....we are seeking our next adventure! (But of course, my daughter wants to go back to Corcovado!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp offers you an affordable and comfortable opportunity to vacation on one of the most beautiful places on the planet; the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica. We provide comfortable accommodations in full-size tents with wood-frame beds. Our tents are covered by a large tarp to protect them from the tropic sun and rain. Each has a front deck with chairs and a great view of the Pacific Ocean ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp Hotel Drake Bay
- Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp Costa Rica/Drake Bay