“Absolut NO GO”

Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp
Dreieich, Germany
“Absolut NO GO”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

The Tents are dirty and old and in that cause it stinks. The bed is uncomfortable and the lines are dirty and old as well. The Food is not good, expect the chicken and the pancakes. The sanitary facilities are just dirty and disgusting! The place is very nice and the people too, but it seems that they don't really care about your situation. Let me calculate that for you: A 2 Day Adventure Package with 1 Tour costs 600$ for 2 pesons. 170$ for the National Park with guide, 80$ for all boat rides and I calculate 30$ for food per day per person that all in 370$. That means the tent camp costs 230$ for 2 night. That's 115$ per night and 57,50$ per person. Every Cabina in this area could it better. Absolut NO GO for the tent camp!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Philipp21
CorcovadoCR, Manager at Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Hi: Greetings from Corcovado Tent Lodge. We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay at Corcovado Adventures Tent Lodge. Indeed the Corcovado Tent Lodge is rustic, that is what we sell and what most people love about it. Its located right on the beach, surrounded by tropical jungle. We recently acquired new linens ( 2 days ago ): Being so remote amidst a harsh climate makes things last less than in a city. The prices you mention however are absolutely incorrect, and there is no way you might know about what it costs to bring food to such a remote area. Also, you say a 2 day adventure? We have never ever sold a 2 day trip at 300 U$ per Person, there is the 3 days and 2 nights package at U$ 299 per person. The cost of bring food down is very high ( 1.5 hour boat ride each way ). Also, what you mention about 80 U$ for al boat rides is absolutely incorrect, and I think it is quite arrogant of you to think you as a tourist might know what the gasoline costs are in Costa Rica, it really makes you lose credibility. Again, sorry you did not have a great time, but please do not write lies in our review board and incorrect facts.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Minnesota City, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Corcovado tent camp – is appropriately named a “TENT CAMP” though we had cabins the amount of wildlife in them reminded me of past camping experiences. To say it is rustic is an understatement. Also to say it has nice scenery is a GROSS understatement. The place is right outside Corcovado national Park. The tours offered are really good and are done with top noch guides and equipment. We went on a nature tour and did snorkeling. The food was very good for the 3 days we were there.

Room Tip: We choose a cabin versus a TENT which gave us a private bath room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank GJG-13
St. Louis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

We loved our stay at the Corcovado Tent Camp. Lucky to have tents on the beach, the view was gorgeous and the sound of the waves was a luxury, despite the moldy tents and sketchy electricity. We loved the communal dining, as did our 3 twenty something children . The food was not fabulous but it was plentiful. Our hike in Corcovado with Adrian was a highlight. Hiking along the beach was terrific, too. Showers could use some major updating.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank HMStraveler
Perry, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

This place was by far the best way to experience the best of nature in Costa Rica. The tents are as comfortable as tents can be- two beds, electrical outlets and a light. Restrooms and showers were so-so...but, you're camping...get over it! Adrian, our guide was amazing on the tour of Corcovado National Park and snorkeling at Cano Island. Meals were great. All employees were super friendly and fun! The place is right on the gorgeous beach. Lulled to sleep each night by sounds of the waves. Monkeys playing in the trees right above us! Hiking trails all around. Horseback riding available which was a great time! Some in our group went scuba diving and loved it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Menifee, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

I did not even plan on making the Osa Peninsula and Corcovado part of my trip to Costa Rica. But I am SO grateful that I met a fellow traveler along the way who recommended it to me because it ended up being my favorite place!

From start to finish I was exceptionally impressed with the service that my friend and I received! We were greeted and welcomed immediately after arriving by boat. Adrian was an amazing host and went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and special! He is an asset to the experience and I will never forget his hospitality, knowledge about the area and wildlife, and incredible passion for what he does. He is amazing!!

I originally booked 2 nights but fell in love with the sheer beauty of this tropical paradise and ended up staying another night! I went to Corcovado National Park and saw so much wildlife. Being a former zookeeper I was in awe of all the animals I got to see in one day. Including a Tapir! This was a huge highlight for me...it brought me to tears to see one so close in the wild!!

I also got to snorkel around Cano Island and it was a magical experience. The abundance of sea life was wonderful. I even saw a giant Manta Ray from the boat!

Being an avid camper the accommodations at the Tent Camp were quite a luxury for me. The tents have beds, lights, and outlets to charge electrical devices. The tours are all inclusive and everything is included. The meals were delicious and the showers were actually really nice and hot!

There are additional trails you can take, including one that brings you to a local who provides canoe trips down the Rio Claro where you can see lots of wildlife, jump off a rock into the river, and explore a multi tiered waterfall. He also makes and sells jewelry and all the proceeds go to protecting the Sea Turtles in the area. A venture he does on his own and is very passionate about.

Other highlights include: A sunset kayak trip with Adrian, fireflies all around the camp, bioluminescent algae washing up on shore, periodic thunder/lightening storms, and a viewing platform in the forest.

I can't say enough good things about my experience here! I highly recommend seeing this part of the country and this is a perfect place to enjoy it!

Thank you for the memories that will last me a lifetime!!

Melissa, from California :-)

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank mckni123
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Do not expect luxury accommodations, ac, or gourmet food. The place is fantastic, unique. There are 24 tents distributed through the forest, 6 of them are located almost right on the beach. Each tent comes with electricity and 24 light, a large wooden bed, small sitting area and fan. The manager Celso is a local guy who is particularly friendly. Food was great too. Celso served us a fresh fish one day, beef and rice, black beans, plantains and salad the next. The place has its own trails that meaner through the forest + a hanging bridge that connects the ground with a treetop. Depending on the package ( we booked one called Full Adventure Combo ), tours are also included. We had Sirena Corcovado and snorkeling at Cano island included. Thank you Celso for a great stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

I booked a 3 nights package over My Costa Rica - this included transportation, food, accomodation, tour to Corcovado National Park and Snorkling on Isla de Caño. Everything worked out perfectly, the staff was extremly friendly and helpful, food was delicious. As the name of the hotel says, it is camping (monkeys are walking on the top of your tents, Iguanas lay in front of your tent, etc,) - beeing aware of that, the accomodation was great: comfortable beds and electricity in the tents, view on the ocean. I would defenitly go back there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
#1 of 8 in Drake Bay
Hotel Las Caletas Lodge
Hotel Las Caletas Lodge
#2 of 47 in Drake Bay

Been to Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp? Share your experiences!