This tent camp was a horrible disappointment. We stayed there under several false promises (for example, there were NO snacks available - free or otherwise). The tents smelled awful and were very moldy. I had my daughter sleep on towels we had brought so she would not develop an allergic reaction. The cook smoked cigarettes while cooking and the lack of cleanliness showed in the food. The cereal was full of ants and two of my children developed diarrhea. The generator was depressing when you are in such a beautiful setting and would much rather hear birds or the ocean. We stayed two nights and couldn't get out soon enough. There are many other beautiful places to stay in the area. It is worth a few dollars to stay in a better setting.
The staff were not bilingual so luckily my husband spoke Spanish. We would have been completely lost without his translations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp offers luxury tent accommodations on the beach with amazing views and abundant wildlife, a relaxing environment immersed in the natural wonders of the Osa peninsula. It is truly one of the most beautiful places on Earth. Discover why National Geographic calls it, "The most biologically diverse place on the planet." Affordable comfort and luxury with full board delicious fare and a full range of Corcovado National Park and Cano Island tours on land and sea. Unique accommodations in full-size tents with wood-frame beds, private decks, electricity, wireless internet and breathtaking ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp Hotel Drake Bay
- Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp Costa Rica/Drake Bay