We were driven to a small harbour (Rio Sierpe) and had a boat trip (lasting about 90 mins) to the shore where the tent camp is. We had an ocean facing tent with macaws and monkeys in the trees overhead. Then of course there were the huge butterflies that wafted through the camp.
We did two day tours both with Mela (14-year-old guide extraordinaire!) - one a hike through the rain forest with lunch and the other a day trip to Cano Island for wonderful snorkelling. Great wildlife throughout.
If you don't expect this to be hugely luxurious (it's not) you'll have a wonderful time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp offers you an affordable and comfortable opportunity to vacation on one of the most beautiful places on the planet; the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica. We provide comfortable accommodations in full-size tents with wood-frame beds. Our tents are covered by a large tarp to protect them from the tropic sun and rain. Each has a front deck with chairs and a great view of the Pacific Ocean ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp Hotel Drake Bay
- Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp Costa Rica/Drake Bay