Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Villa Sumaya(Santa Cruz La Laguna)
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
La Fortuna at Atitlan(Santa Cruz La Laguna)
Excellent 5/5
  • Beachfront
Hotel el Arca de Noe(Santa Cruz La Laguna)
  • Restaurant
Hotel IslaVerde(Santa Cruz La Laguna)
Hotel Atitlan(Panajachel)
Posada Monte Rosa(Panajachel)
Good 3.5/5
    Jardines del Lago(Panajachel)
    Very Good 4/5
    All reviewslake atitlanvegetarian menusanta cruzhot tubprivate boatamazing viewsguatemala cityboat driverattention to detailour honeymoonwater taxiset menuevery mealsmall hotelbeautiful placefell in loveevery evening
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 3 March 2014

Laguna Lodge was a very unique and special place to be. Very secluded and private--as if we ordered our own private slice of awesomeness. We stayed in the Jaguar suite and were overwhelmed with the luxuriance of the whole experience. From the private open balcony, to the amazing views of the beautiful lake and volcanos--even from sitting on our bed! The quaint but perfect restaurant also had amazing views and fresh air every meal. The food was very good and presented beautifully every time-even breakfast. (Do not miss the toasted coconut French Toast--YUMO!) The Spa treatments were excellent and we felt invigorated and refreshed!
    If you are looking for peace and quiet, beauty and serenity, luxury and indulgence--this is the place for you!

Room Tip: Loved our room-Jaguar. Excellent views, There is no TV nor radio so if you want (romantic) music, you must bring your own!
    • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 3 March 2014

My husband and I decided to visit Guatemala (to which I had been once and to which he had never been) after finding a groupon for Laguna Lodge. We spent a couple of days in Antigua and then made the trip to Lago Atitlan.
    It was extremely easy to travel from Antigua to Panajachel - and then from the main dock at Panajachel to the hotel. My husband and I took the local boat, but I'm pretty sure the hotel would arrange transport (as they do when you're leaving) if needed. Upon arriving, you're greated with a freshly squeezed natural juice drink and it just keeps getting better from there. Although you're in a fairly remote area, you have every luxury you could need - the typical hair-dryer, shampoo, conditioner, wi-fi yadda yadda.
    Everyone who works in the hotel is extremely attentive and friendly - although it is a little slow with food and drinks. Of course, my husband and I are typical north-easterners and probably move a little faster than the rest of the world.
    Overall, it's a perfect escape to recharge your batteries. We will absolutely be returning.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful. I heard the rooms on the top floor (which are a little more expensive) may have a better view and are perhaps a little bigger. Our room was on the middle level and I couldn't imagine the view getting any better or needing a bigger room.
    • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank TellAmanda
    Reviewed 1 March 2014

Absolutely 100% best room we've ever stayed in. The staff is more than helpful and the view is breathtaking. We didn't want to leave! Dinner was a bit pricey but everything was so fresh, it was wonderful.

• Stayed: February 2014
    2  Thank sm77909
    Reviewed 27 February 2014

Had the best time this past weekend at the lodge. Pickup at the airport by Pedro was seamless, The airport was modern, custom officer friendly and helpful and the porters outside made the offer to call my driver, not even requesting a tip until I offfered! The roads were in great shape, safe and traffic was minimal. Arrived and Andrus was waiting with the private boat for a quick ride to the lodge. The lodge was BEAUTIFUL, Sexy and peaceful. Staff was exceedingly helpful and friendly the entire stay, especally Juan!! He went out of the way to set up my volcano climb, paragliding and market tours at the last minute, arranging things the evening before for the next day! THANK YOU JUAN. This resort is perfect for a romantic trip or for time alone to unwind. Be sure to paraglide with Christain; realworld paragliding...you'll have the best time!

Room Tip: I had the Ceiba Suite..I don't think that there is a bad room in the resort...magnificient views!
    • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
    2  Thank nikkiln
    Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Sometimes when something isn't quite right, it speaks volumes when an establishment/owner addresses issues quickly and completely. So, while we did run into a few issues...the details are inconsequential when you consider how pleased I am that they were resolved above and beyond my satisfaction. Not everything can be perfect 100% of the time...but once addressed, the issues no longer matter!

Upon arrival we were greeted with contagious smiles and a pleasant staff. The location is indeed remote, so if you are looking for some quite, rest, and relaxation...you've hit the jackpot.

Rooms were clean, photos accurate, and without all of the technology that sometimes keeps you unnecessarily connected to the real world.

This is an eco-lodge...exactly as advertised, part of which includes minimizing an environmental footprint. Having read the website's details and other reviews we knew exactly what we were getting. So, if you are expecting overwhelming water pressure or the desire to waste resources...this isn't the place for you.

However, if you are looking for the opportunity to "disconnect" and truly enjoy a morning cup of coffee with an unbelievable view...you've found your place.

If you are very heavily activity driven...just keep in mind that boat rides are in your future. Immediate gratification isn't on the menu! If you need to finish up the last few chapters of that novel you've been working on for the past few years...well, bring your laptop or better yet a pen and paper.

If you need a variety of snacks round the clock, I'd suggesting bringing them with you from Panajachel.

Day trip visiting the towns on the lake...thumbs up. Looking to chitty chat with some new friends from around the word? Magic 8-ball says "signs point to yes." Like to throw your towel on the floor after one use in favor of a new one? Sure, you can do that...but why stay at an eco-lodge?

With only a handful of rooms the dinner menu is fixed, so if arriving late and haven't eaten...maybe call ahead and make sure you like what's on the night's menu. Otherwise, eat before you board the shuttle (haha I mean boat) as once you're "in" for the night...you're in!

I didn't use the pool, but it didn't appear to be heated. In winter months this could be an issue for those who think this is a "resort" with bathtub-like water.

Want to use the hot tub? Let them know hours in advance (as advertised). No wasting limited resources (energy) here keeping an unused hot tub warm 24/7.

At night, feel free to open the glass sliders, enjoy the view, see stars you didn't know existed...and take it all in.

Might I suggest early to bed and early to rise again enjoying the view with some famous Guatemalan Java. Maybe sit out on the doc, watch the boats go on by, and appreciate the experience for what it is...time away from all of life's distractions.

Enjoy!