My husband and I stayed for three nights. From the moment we got off the plane it was smooth sailing. Our private transportation was right on. Pedro was great. He made the two and a half hour drive seem like nothing. Our room was awesome, it's crazy how much detail goes into the design of each room. The view was amazing, though we were on the second floor, not sure the first floor has the same effect. Everything was very clean. I'm not sure if it was the mountain air or the super soft sheets but we slept so good ever night. The four course meal was great but way too much food for me so after the first night we just did a la carte the rest of the time. The food was amazing and the service was perfect. Ben really went out of his way to take care of us. Best coffee I've ever had! We explored the other villages during the day, Panajachel being my favorite (I love to shop)! We also took the trails to the surrounding retreats and hit up cocktail hour. After 5 you're pretty much stuck at the Lodge but after dinner and drinks we were ready for bed anyway. Overall we would go again and stay here, by far the best place we saw on the lake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Laguna Lodge is on the lakeshore of the legendary Lake Atitlan and exclusively nestled in its own nature reserve. Entry into this Mayan world begins by boat. In a privileged setting our luxuriously natural 5 star boutique hotel commands sweeping views over azure waters to a trio of dramatic volcanoes. Inspired by nature and created from volcanic stone, adobe and palm our spacious lakeside suites are individually appointed with comfortable hand hewn king beds, fine linens, intricate woven textiles and indigenous antiques. In the evenings our award winning Zotz restaurant is bathed in golden hues from a large stone fireplace and antique candelabras, a romantic ambiance for a fine dining experience. After the days tours and adventures enjoy a dip in the hot river rock spa pool and be pampered with a relaxing body treatment offered at our Hummingbird spa. Relax at the lava bar or lakeside pavilion and watch the surreal sunset turn into a star studded night. The Mayan highlands are rich in culture and the lodge’s indigenous staff look forward to offering you a unique and memorable experience! - Utz Ipetik! Welcome! Come and explore, discover and experience with us and see why Time magazine says – Laguna Lodge is pure Maya magic! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Hotel Santa Cruz La Laguna
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort And Nature Reserve
- Laguna Hotel Eco Nature Reserve
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Guatemala/Lake Atitlan