“Wonderful people, important insights, great connections”

Los Elementos Adventure Center
Book In Advance
More Info
US$91.75*
and up
Lake Atitlan Off The Beaten Path: A Day Full of Adventure from Antigua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Your base camp for exploring Lake Atitlan Guatemala. Choose from kayak excursions, hiking the mountains surrounding the lake, or by private tour boat. You can find an adventure that suits your interest and level of activity. We are family friendly and ready to help you have a unique holiday experience.We specialize in offering experiences that will let you learn about the Mayan culture and meet many of the locals whom we have come to know. The Mayan people are very proud of their cultural past and they enjoying sharing their efforts to keep it alive and strong today. We can also help arrange a custom itinerary for all or part of your Guatemalan travels.We have started Los Elementos Adventure Center and Day Spay and Kayak Guatemala as a way of creating jobs for locals and supporting our non-profit Amigos de Santa Cruz. One of the big challenges of life in Guatemala is to improve the lives of the local people. Amigos de Santa Cruz is focused on improving the education and nutrition of the Mayan. We also support Mayan Medical Aid, which focus' on providing medical aid. Any tour or excursion you arrange will help support these non-profit organizations. Concierge service and all inclusive packages are our specialty. Custom and taylor made tours to your specific interests.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed 27 June 2010

My dual purpose mission on Lake Atitlan: revisit and enjoy a place I fell in love with during a college trip and connect with women's coops for future leadership programs. I couldn't have been better served than by Lee and Elaine. Lee ferried and guided me to various villages on the Lake with expert commentary on the life of expats and indigenous residents alike, introduced me to 3 women's coops in San Juan well worth not only the visit, but the connections - 2 weaving and one natural botanical products, and along with Elaine (who gives an awesome massage) took care of me during my visit to the Lake. For them it must have been a challenging time - I arrived right after the mudslides from the unusually early hurricane. In spite of these challenges, I enjoyed nothing but the most focused and helpful guidance. I can't wait to return this winter, spend time with Elaine and Lee and work with the coops. (If you're interested: [-])

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"guatemala city"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2010

Our two days at Los Elementos was the highlight of our 10 day trip to Lake Atitlan. Lee and Elaine Beal are wonderful hosts. Their casitas are gorgeous. I slept in the casita perched right over the water and woke to a pink hued sunrise on the lake. Unbelievably beautiful. We kayaked over to some cliffs and spent the time jumping in the water. We also hiked up the canyon behind the casitas and rock climbed. Lee is just starting the rock climbing program and the climbing is good for families, kids or organized groups.
It's a quick public boat ride from Panajachel to San Cruz and a beautiful short walk to Los Elementos. Or you can hire a private boat to drop you off right at their dock.
If you like adventure, Los Elementos is the place to go on the lake.

Reviewed 26 June 2010

I've lived my whole life around the lake, and just recently discovered Los Elementos on a school excursion. we went rock climbing and kayaking, and it truly was an adventure. i had no idea these places around the lake even existed, Lee helped us discover some of the most interesting places on and around the lake. i would definitely recommend Los Elementos, as an excellent vacation for anybody. The casita is also incredible, probably one of the most beautiful houses on the lake; with an absolutely breathtaking view.

Reviewed 26 June 2010

Lee and Elaine hosted my 10-person school group for 2 days of adventure on Lake Atitlan, and we had a wonderful overall experience. Lee introduced rock climbing equipment and skills to the kids on a backyard tree in an environment that felt safe and comfortable to them, before we headed out into the canyon. We did 2 short climbs in the canyon, and the next day we headed out in kayaks on the lake to explore an area where we climbed, swam, and did a little cliff-jumping. It was such a blast!

Lee and Elaine were wonderful hosts and took care of all the meals and logistics. It was really a great experience, and the setting was gorgeous!

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 June 2010

I found Los Elementos by reading reviews on trip advisor and then viewing their beautiful website, and am so glad I came across Lee and Elaine Beal! They are the warmest and most down to earth people, who are very involved and educated about their community. The services they provide through the adventure center and spa give you many opportunities to relax and take in all the beauty Lake Atitlan offers, while really seeing the community.
Upon arrival in Pana, a friend and I were picked up on the one and only pontoon boat Lake Atitlan offers :) and were able to cruise back to Los Elementos without the hassle of cramming onto a shuttle and not being able to actually take in the scenery. Lee and Elaine were so welcoming immediately, and answered all of our questions about the Lake. Once we got settled into our BEAUTIFUL casita right on the water, we took a tour of all of the fruit trees and herbs that are grown on the property, and then went for a hike in the canyon behind Los Elementos to see some waterfalls. Lee and Elaine guided us on this, along with their two dogs (who led the way and kept us safe!). This was a great opportunity to hear more about the community and it's people, and to see what flora and fauna Santa Cruz has to offer.
We also did a two day guided kayak tour of the lake, which I highly recommend. For the more adventurous, options like cliff jumping and hiking are available (so much fun!), and if not great local cooperatives, galleries, and shopping are a must see. We went to a local herb garden and women's co-op, where we were given a tour of all of the herbs and their medicinal uses. We also saw how the back-strap loom is used for weaving, and how the cotton was spun and dyed naturally. This was so interesting, and the people were so warm and eager to tell us about their culture.
Walking through each town really gives you a sense of how different each little community is. I was very surprised to see that each area had an entirely different feel to it, so experiencing each is a must! I wish I had more time to spend visiting each community.
Touring with Los Elementos gave us the option to see as much or as little of the Lake as we wanted. I would definitely recommend the Kayak tours for a more realistic experience on the Lake. Lee is a great guide, who lets you plan where you want to go and what you want to see, and has something interesting to show or tell you about it all!
I would also recommend setting aside a few days to really see this area!