“Through a garden on the lake”
Review of Hotel Sakcari

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Pedro La Laguna
Hotel Sakcari
Reviewed 31 December 2012

The room was just above the lake and to get to it, I needed to walk through a lush garden with draping bougainvillea and other eager plants and flowers. I never minded when I found that I forgot something and had to go back to my room.

Isabelle, warm and friendly, took care of me and and the room - I felt like I was a guest in her home. Matt, the owner, went out of his way to be extremely helpful when the artist delivered the paintings from San Juan before I was ready to take them. And on the day I was leaving, when both bank machines in town were not functioning, they saved the day again.

In addition to being a beautiful location, very reasonably priced, friendly and comfortable, I'd also say that they went way beyond my expectations to help me have as smooth a stay as possible.

The name of the hotel means "Sunrise," and it is deserved. I often awoke just before dawn and it was glorious to watch the sun climb up over the volcano and ignite the trees to the west with those first yellow rays. The fishermen and I paid homage most mornings.

Room Tip: I loved being close to the lake, but if you don't like to hear the waves against the retaining w...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Liz99633

Reviewed 8 December 2012

spent one night at Sak Cari San Pedro last week. Wasn't sure what to expect. Clean Hotel, Wonderful location on the shore of Lake Atitlan, Staff - I think the owner- was excellent, very helpful and the room was clean. Price was great and I highly recommend. Down the way is the Cafe Atitlan - Highly recommend. Overall very pleased, would go back any day and stay longer! Felt very safe and secure at this location!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank pet_cows
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Great lakefront location and nice staff. My wife and I came for our Honeymoon and had really nice time staying there. Try to get a lakefront view!Have a pleasant stay. bye bye, (Reviews must be at least 200 characters...)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tamirberen
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Clean, good price, beautiful view and gardens. Staff is friendly and very helpful. I enjoyed my stay.
The location was very good. The Mayan people are very friendly and I made new friends. I would sit on the balcony or on my bed and stare at the lake and mountains- gorgeous.

Room Tip: With a view
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank CAROLde
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Hotel Sakcari is more expensive than some other options in San Pedro, but at less than $40 for two for a lakefront room, it's a wonderful deal.
The grounds are quiet with lovely gardens, the rooms comfortable and the design makes the most of the lakefront setting. Rooms have big windows and outdoor seating areas, and there are lawns and gardens with chairs and hammocks. The place is incredibly tranquil yet you're in the heart of the San Pedro's traveller's district, with restaurants and bars nearby.
A big plus for us was the kayaks available at no charge (simple sit-on models, mostly). We went out every morning and the lake was beautiful, with local people doing their washing and fishing from the shore.
Pay coffee and beer available, but no breakfast. Wifi worked on the terrace, but signal for our room. Friendly staff.
It's a great option, and San Pedro is a fine place to spend time. (Better than Pana.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a good view of the lake. We liked the three rooms on the lower level.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wix
Reviewed 24 July 2012

The place was simple, safe and clean, that's all I ask when traveling... The view was to die for! The place is super safe, I went out on the terrace late at night to see the moon over the late and a las, there was a guard checking to see that all was well. A really nice plus when you are a women traveling alone. Next door, you'll find the Italian's... best coffee and breakfast.
Live Music weekend night's at the BUDA and the Clover. I recommend the Gallo and the Mosa Beer's really great. Enjoy!
Carmen H.

Room Tip: Anything that looks over the Lake.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Bronx8
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect but quickly realized the quaint and simple accommodations are there to provide and not distract from the amazing view of the lake, flora, fauna, and Mayans. I simply loved it and wished I had stayed longer!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
#1 of 1 in Tzununa
Hotel Toliman
Hotel Toliman
#1 of 1 in San Lucas Toliman

Been to Hotel Sakcari? Share your experiences!