“Falafel is overrated. ”
Review of Zoola

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Pedro La Laguna
Zoola
“Falafel is overrated. ”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I came to try the falafel and was really disappointed.

Whilst it was edible, it certainly was not anything special and for 60q with a beer I think I could have eaten better elsewhere.

Yes, service was a little slow but that does not phase me if the food makes up for it.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Sy75

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 22 March 2014

A well laid out hostel; the pool and bar have an amazing view of Lake Atitlan, then there is the chill out area, the restaurants and the private rooms and dorms towards the back of the property. Extremely comfortable beds in both the privates and dorms (as I've slept on both) and the food is tasty as well. Top choice for San Pedro La Laguna and I tried four other places in this small town.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I'm reviewing the restaurant and bar - not the hostel. It took 2 hours from sitting to order food to paying due to the very slow service, which was strange as there weren't many diners. My friend was given the wrong meal, then told it was falafel. She agreed to eat it anyway, but it turned out to be meatballs. The food isn't the cheapest in San Pedro. We waited 30 mins for the bill, which never came so we got up to pay. Another time we went for breakfast and it was with us very quickly. It's one of the main party spots in San Pedro, with themed nights and drinks offers. It looks great and has a cool atmosphere.

Stayed March 2014
Schaijk
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Zoola hotel/hostal in a dorm.
it is for Guatamala standard more expensive and the difference between double and dorm is almost nothing. So find you're partner.
No lockers and the staff will help you but not always friendly behind the desk.
The hostel is beautiful with a clean and great view over the lake next to the swimmingpool. The food and laundry is more expensive then other places so went out for that.

Nice place to meet fun people and relax.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Caloundra, Australia
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The food in San Pedro has been wonderful in every place we've been until we hit Zoola. I ordered meatballs with mashed potatoes, tomato sauce and a side salad. I asked for cooked veg instead of salad. That wasn't possible apparently cos it took 'too long'. We waited 30 min for the meal anyway, and saw a table full of people who'd arrived after us served before us. When it arrived, my friend had cooked veg served with her meal. Though they were cold. My mashed potato was also cold and tasted like it was going off. The tomato sauce was heavily tinned? tomato paste? Horrible anyway. I just ate the meat balls and within minutes was spinning out, dizzy, then had a headache and that distinctive taste of an MSG overload. Horrible. Combined with sitting on the floor (alright for some, just felt dirty in this place) and a guest in a room out the back coming in and out crying about something going on in her room-
Forget it. The only reason I haven't given it a 1 was that the hot chocolate was good :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank newgabe

Travellers are raving about these San Pedro La Laguna hotels

Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The first and most important thing is the atmosphere Zoola. Good to be here, and people say that the dreams come true near this lake. Excellent location, good people, and amazing pool bar. The food is great. I want back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Brighton
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed at Zoola for 4 nights before checking out and continuing our stay in San Pedro at a different hostel.
If you want to party (which we sometimes do), Zoola is the place to be. Great drinking and party atmosphere. However, if you want an early night or have Spanish class in the morning then avoid staying there because the music plays most of the night and we had drunk people trying to get into our room on a few occasions. As well as various people singing and shouting all through the night.

When we were partying, we really enjoyed our stay at zoola, but it's not a place for sleeping.

Zoola does have a beautiful pool and an amazing restaurant. But you can visit both without staying.

All in all Zoola is an awesome place with great parties. But not a great place to get any sleep or relax.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Porta Hotel Del Lago
Porta Hotel Del Lago
#4 of 29 in Panajachel
Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve
Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature...
#3 of 6 in Santa Cruz La Laguna
#3 of 11 in San Pedro La Laguna
Casa Blanca San Pedro hotel
Casa Blanca San Pedro hotel
#17 of 17 in San Pedro La Laguna

Been to Zoola? Share your experiences!