“Great view and really cheap private rooms.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Pedro La Laguna
Hospedaje Casa Elena
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Things are basic here, but are really cheap! I paid 30Q per night for a private room. This was highly welcome after a few days of trekking and I chilled out with a book on the terrace for a few afternoons. Not a particularly sociable place, but if you want a bit of time off of the partying, or are in San Ped for Spanish classes, this could be a good bet!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank greenfeet4

Reviewed 9 February 2013

I stayed there on December 23rd along with my 8 years old daughter, we paid Q60 per room with private bath, wireless internet, no tv, but for the price, what can you expect? they have a nice view of the lake, is surrounded by many restaurants, If I ever go back there I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2012

If you want a quiet and relaxing night, do NOT stay here. The acoustics of the building are horrible and the place is usually filled with loud partying guests. There was as good as no service except for the owner coming to collect our money. We planned a two-night stay here but left after the first night and got a refund for the second and moved to a better and quiet hotel nearby.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank svendebruyne
Reviewed 14 June 2012

My wife, daughter,and I stayed at Casa Elena. We had the top room with the best views ever!!!! Planed on staying 3 days and ended up staying 11. The rooms are ok for 50Q per person with private bath. Water is solar with a electrical device attached to the shower head!!!! but it gets the job done.No tv! but who needs one.Woke every morning to the sounds of the native women washing there family's clothes in the lake.and the rooster that i could hear off in the distant. There's a grey cat that we bought fish for from the market. The best coffee that I ever had in my life can be bought at a coffee shop just up on the left side from the pana dock,about 75 meters up the hill just as it starts to turn to the right.Go on the horse rides they take you up in the mts. for 30Q per person a hour that's like $3.85 per hr..and eat like a king for less than $15 per person a day.Check out Zoola for good food and that layed back hippy feel.Weed can be bought for around 10Q per gram for any one who sells pipes at there stands just ask for something to put in the pipe.. For steet food buy a tortilla from the lady at the end of the alley path way the best 2Q you will ever spend!!!!!!The tuc-tuc is 5Q per person to go anywhere in San Pedro.Ride a tuc -tuc up to the market and walk down the hill and stop for coffee on your right.cafe kristana's...Stray dogs that bark at night just add's to the memory's of the best 2 wks.vaccation ever! We loved our trip to Guatemala and are counting the days untill our return to San Pedro 355 and counting..................

Room Tip: ask for the top floor rm for the best views ever!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. It is on the lake and if you get a lakeside room you will have a great view. We had a private room with our own bathroom, with windows opening to the lake. There is a spacious balcony and hammocks to relax in.
The rooms however are basic - it is San Pedro and you pay about $15 (100Q) and should be able to negotiate it down to 80Q. If you are on a tight budget however you can find other rooms for much cheaper (35Q) with great views.

San Pedro gets mixed reviews - we are here in low season and we are a couple in our 30's not into the backpacker party scene and we have had a good time. Definitely check out: Ventana Blue, The Clover, and Cafe Atitlan for your meals. Also Angelica's juice stall on the main calle is great!

Room Tip: Pick a room on the lake
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer P
Reviewed 17 November 2011

For 25Q / person (w/o bath), this is from far the cheapest you can get for a private room. Don't expect anything fancy : all you get is a room with 2 or 3 beds (even better if you're solo, you still get a double for 25Q), a wooden shelf and a single power outlet. However, the hotel itself is great. The shared bathrooms are cleaned twice a day, the roof offers you a beautiful view of the lake, and the old tenant is always in a good mood.

Room Tip: Avoid ground level and ask for third floor for sunny morning and the best views.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank cedricbd
Reviewed 19 January 2009

San Pedro La Laguna has a bunch of noisy, dirty , substandard but cheap hotels catering to the stoned backpack set who are stuck in the hippy era. This is one of them. For about $14 per night and having a great lake view, I guess I shouldn't complain but I did not feel comfortable here. There is no reception office and a small child took my key when I left. During my five nights, the occupants of the next room were laid out on the walkway in front of my door playing a loud radio at all hours and smoking dope. Glass was missing from my window and it get chilly at night. The bugs come in to join the many already there. My toilet did not work and the shower was cold. During my five night stay, I never once had room service. The hotel does not provide soap but did give me toilet paper after I asked (in Spanish, no English is understood). Had I not paid in advance and had the San Pedro hotel scene not been so dismal, I would have left after the first night. Sadly, the Elena is par for the course in San Pedro La Laguna, I'm told. My friends were suffering in a similar place. We would have gladly paid $50 per night not to have the problems but didn't know of anyplace in this town. God, how I loved the hot shower when I got back to Antigua!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo
#4 of 12 in San Pedro La Laguna
Hospedaje Lolita
Hospedaje Lolita
#8 of 18 in San Pedro La Laguna

Been to Hospedaje Casa Elena? Share your experiences!