“Great specials daily”

Cafe Atitlan
Price range: US$1 - US$6
Cuisines: Guatemalan, International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nice place. Good Service. Clean. We offer hotel and dorms.
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Amazing choice of meals that when it comes out you honestly don't think you will be able to finish it.
The garden setting gives off a great vibe
The owners are lovely and will do anything to keep you happy. They are great for a bit of information too.
We did not sleep there but the dorms advertised seemed very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

During my trip to San Pedro, I got the stomach flu and Cafe Atitlan came to my rescue! Their chicken soup packed with fresh veggies was just what the doctor ordered. The next day, feeling better, I returned and had a delicious quesadilla. The hippie quesadilla is also packed with veggies and flavor. I definitely recommend this cafe! Good prices for the amount of quality you get.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We have been in San Pedro for a week and by far this is the best all round place to get your meals. The food and drinks are always clean and prepared to a high standard.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Also had an amazing coffee.

The portions were huge (me and my beautiful girlfriend of 7 years, who has hairy arm pits) shared one plate between us.

My coke was flat though.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

The hostel / café is family and locally run. The family has always been very friendly and welcoming. Some of the staff speaks English really well. I stayed there for two weeks because I went to a language school (Cooporativa San Pedro, can recommend it warmly!)

Location
Hostel Café Atitlan is situated in a little side street in the centre of tourist activities in San Pedro (a couple of travel agencies, restaurants, bars and cafés just a stone's throw away).

Hostel
The hostel has two beautiful roof top terraces from where you can overlook stunning Lake Atitlan, the volcanic mountains and the town of San Pedro. On the upper roof top terrace the owners were installing a kitchen during my stay (saying: you probably can use it now). On the same terrace they even roast the beans for their own delicious coffee that you can not only drink in the café downstairs but also buy packaged to enjoy at another time. During my stay, visitors didn't make much use of the terraces, which made it a rather quite hostel (apart from a little bit of music that you can hear from the café downstairs).
The rooms are, from what I have seen, relatively big. The room I stayed in had two windows, an own bath room with hot running water (if you figure out how to switch on the heating in the shower head ;)), a sink, a chair and a desk. The only downside was that the bed covers were rather worn out and the room could see some new wallpapers some time soon, but I think that comes with the very low rate (cheapest I could find in San Pedro for a single room) that I paid for the room. By the time I was there you could get a discount if you stayed longer than a week.

Café
In the café they serve some delicious coffee variations as well as a variety of fusion / international dishes, some which are vegetarian. They have brownies, too (which were especially popular). The prices here are oriented towards tourists, but still moderate in comparison to what you might pay in similar restaurants in San Pedro. I have tried a couple of vegetarian dishes there and it was always good, fresh food, the portions were rather big. They have two cats there that sometimes hang out with you in the café, but not in the hostel part of this place.

Conclusion
Definitely worth going there, may it be just for a coffee, a proper meal or even overnight stays. Thank you Café Atitlan for offering a warm and welcoming atmosphere, countless coffees and a quite, well-priced room to stay!

1  Thank GloriaEva