“indian village indian motel”
Review of Dine Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tuba City
Dine Inn Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Tuba City
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Confortable, clean, simple motel where you can stay one night travelling to grand canyon or to monument valley. Breakfast is not included so the motel seems not cheap (60$) but we think that in this area accomodation are expensive. We had dinner in the city centre in a navajo restaurant; we enjoyed cheap indian dishes but you're not allowed drinking alchol. Tuba city is not charming but it's an indian american town.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sonia_liguria

Reviewed 17 September 2012

My friends and I decided to forgo camping due to a second night of rain and thunderstorms, and found what appeared to be the last room in Tuba City. We were glad to end up at Dine Inn Motel. The receptionist was friendly, the room was clean, the price ($80) was right--especially since we got it at the last minute and it appeared to be the only room left in town. This is not a 4 star hotel, and it isn't priced like one. The room was fairly spartan, but it did exactly what was advertised. The beds were fine, there was free internet, the water was hot, and the room was clean. Really, what else do you need? The area was safe, and there was a Denny's across the road that served a seriously and surprisingly good breakfast (with great service, too). If I ever pass through Tuba again, this would be my first choice. I'm glad the other places were sold out, otherwise we might not have found this motel.

PS: The review about bedbugs made us wary, but we checked thoroughly-no bugs of any kind, and we all slept well and woke up bite-free. We echo Caryx's review: don't be afraid!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hstcou
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Stopped in. Tuba. City on the way to. Sedona. All hotels were sold out. Did get a room gratefully at the. Dine. Inn. The reception clerk was very polite. I was very anxious however when the last room available was number 13. It was clean ! No bedbugs! Be. Not afraid!

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Caryx
Reviewed 19 January 2012

As we are always on lookout for a deal - this place is the best deal in town. The Quality Inn and the new Hotel on the entrance into town were both $100 or more so this place at $51 was a deal. However the deal soured. The front desk clerk is one of the more 'disinterested' people we have ever met. No smiles or attempt at talking or helping.

The room at first glance appeared to be clean and with new flooring it looked good. But on pulling back the sheets - the top sheet had something staining it. We removed that to sleep. The heater was stuck on - it couldn't be turned off or turned down. It was freezing outside so we did need heating but this was terrible! It was unbearably hot.

Now the most annoying thing was the bites. We have travelled the world over and know what a bed bugs look like and we couldn't see anything to worry about here but I woke with bites. I had close to 20 bites that have come up as large red lumps. I don't believe they are bed bug bites but something was having a good feed and I don't appreciate it.

Quite honestly - don't bother stopping in this town if you can avoid it or you can afford over $100 for a nights stay. We were hit up repeatedly by locals for money. Even in McDonalds the kids all just walked up and demanded money and when turned down they then ordered items and said we would pay. We were even hit up for money at the service station - he didn't ask anyone else there just us. Why? We weren't locals so we became a target. Made us feel very uncomfortable indeed. So no we won't don't recommend this place or town and won't be back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Willowray
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We have stayed in many motels, hotels, lodges, and inns across the States, and this one has got to be the worst bed! It's too bad too because the room wasn't that bad. It was clean and the staff was friendly, and they would have had free Internet but there was a storm so they didn't have it...bummer. Also, there was hair stuck on the blankets so I had to peel them all back and just sleep in the sheets....

Too bad, because we really thought it would be nice until we got I to bed.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 11 August 2011

The only thing I can say is that room 13 has bedbugs and I have been bitten several times. I got swellings like mosquito bites all over my body and they itch very bad. We saw the bugs actually walk on the sheet. Furthermore, the room wasn't very clean. So our stay wasn't a pleasant one.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank L B
Reviewed 2 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Dine (pronounced dih-NAY) Inn Motel on our way from Arizona to Colorado. We found the room to be clean and comfortable. It appeared to have been recently repainted and had newer flooring. The towels were of better quality than I would have expected. It was fine for an overnight stay and I doubt I'd have slept any better at the nearby chain competitor for $50 more. One thing to note: we arrived after dark and drove past the motel twice before we finally found it as their sign on the highway is not lit. It is located between the Sonic Drive-In and the Shell Gas Station.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Quality Inn Navajo Nation
#2 of 3 in Tuba City
Moenkopi Legacy Inn & Suites
Hopi Cultural Center Restaurant & Inn
Hopi Cultural Center Restaurant ...
#1 of 1 in Kykotsmovi Village

Been to Dine Inn Motel? Share your experiences!