I've never posted this sort of review, but believe that other travelers need to be aware of what I experienced at the Moenkopi Inn. It has the look of a newer Best Western and is one of the few options in the area. I did not actually stay at the facility and thus cannot comment on the quality of the rooms, but given the abysmal customer service that I encountered at the front desk, I would never choose to stay there. I stopped on a trip to the Grand Canyon to see about making a one-night reservation. I waited in line for nearly 15 minutes before being helped by a polite young lady at the front desk. Once we had agreed on the type of room I needed, I mistakenly handed her my credit card. As I needed to cancel another hotel reservation for the night in question, I asked what the Moenkopi's cancellation policy was because she had not told me. She looked at me with a blank stare and said "Whoops. I already ran your card. Our company policy is that we need a 48-hr notice." I told her that I needed to cancel another reservation and asked what if there was a problem. She assured me that she could handle canceling the charge at the Moenkopi. I immediately contacted the other hotel and discovered I could NOT cancel my reservation. I returned to the front desk within 5 minutes and then waited over 30 minutes to speak with someone. The young lady who had helped me spent nearly all this time with one other group of tourists, going into useless details that were not relevant. (They were young Germans and she was explaining AARP policies to them.) Finally I spoke with 'Lane,' telling him the situation and that I had not been informed of their cancellation policy before she ran my card. Once again, a blank stare and the "company policy" line. I asked to speak with a manager and was told (on a weekend) that they were all off. So I waited, and waited, ostensibly to speak with the original clerk who was still dealing with the German guests. Finally, after another guest waiting in line asked what was wrong and I told him, Lane bothered to call his manager. I noticed he did not fully explain the circumstances, particularly when/how this reservation was handled. Happily the manager did eventually authorize the charge to be voided from my account. I realize that the Moenkopi has the right to establish whatever cancellation policies they deem fit, but if their employees aren't willing to explain those before the fact to potential guests, that's unfair. I also overheard at least two other conversations with guests having similar difficulties with the front desk. This is a new hotel, so I hope that they can improve upon their customer service. I also sadly suspect that they know know they can take advantage of travelers in such a limited market. As least that's the serious impression I took away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moenkopi Legacy Inn & Suites, the first hotel to be built on Hopi tribal land in 50 years, was the inspiration of the Elders of the Upper Village of Moenkopi. It was their vision that their Village should be a place of welcome and gathering for visitors to the land of the Hopi. Situated in the Upper Village of Moenkopi across the street from Tuba City, the Legacy Inn is at the Western Gateway to Hopiland and the Hopi mesas. It is also the beginning of the Hopi Arts Trail that connects visitors with artists and galleries on all three Hopi mesas.Hotel amenities include an outdoor pool, Jacuzzi tub, fitness center, courtyard, business center, gift shop, and evening Hopi cultural programs. The Moenkopi Legacy Inn & Suites is the perfect venue to host your business meeting or event. Offering 3,096 square feet of meeting space and three break away conference rooms, we can ensure that your event is a successful one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HRS, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Moenkopi Legacy Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moenkopi Legacy Inn And Suites
- Moenkopi Legacy Hotel Tuba City