“Large mole menu and delicious green enchiladas”
Review of Elvira's

Elvira's
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Tubac
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Mole fans this could be your dream come true restaurant. Elvira's has a smaller menu of non- mole dishes which we tried and really enjoyed. Only two salads are on the menu which was a bit disappointing. A small chip bowl with runny, but tasty salsa showed up on the table with the menus. Each of us ordered enchiladas and enjoyed the side of rice seasoned with fresh cilantro and veggies which was colorful and delicious as well as refried beans. I ordered an Arnold Palmer and although it was refreshed by the waitress without asking as she noticed my tea glass was half gone, it was a very weak and disappointing AP. The best one I've ever had is in a restaurant called Tequila Sunrise in Todos Santos, MX. They should go there and take a lesson. We ordered desserts to go, each different a flan, cheese cake and chocolate cake. All average in taste, the only surprise was the chocolate cake was three times the size of the other two, and the frosting was too sweet. Our service was very good, although we were there long after a lunch crowd. The setting is delightful and the home decor shop on the other side of the entry is truly is a feast for the eyes and could endanger your pocket book. Many of the decor elements found in the restaurant are for sale next door. Over all it was a delicious lunch for three under $85 with tip.

1  Thank Sourdoe2u

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Very eclectic atmosphere good food and service. Place is a bit small, but not cramed. I really don't like Mexican food but this place has the best steak. When you go make sure to try the Sosa Filet - it is fantastic. I have also tried the Sosa Shrimp and the Sea Bass. Both are excellent, but it is the steak that keeps me and my wife coming back. Best to come early as it gets quite busy at night.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was the most unexpected experience I have ever had. There are restaurants in Portland Oregon or even NYC that cannot compete with this presentation or preparation. You must seek this restaurant out if you are within 50 miles of Tubac.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was my second trip to Elvira's and my husband' first. He was not disappointed after all my raving about Elvira's. Décor is so loving one wants to look around the rooms throughout the dinner. Service top notch and food even better. Go...it is a treat!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This restaurant is a feast for the eyes. Not so sure about the food though. The menu was inventive - though not extensive. The ambiance was cerebral and manic - so much to look at in the tasteful but yet over the top decor. The prices are a bit high for the amount of food one receives.

It was a very pleasant experience though and worth the experience if in the area.

Been to Elvira's? Share your experiences!