“great place for lunch”

Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Stopped for a quick lunch and had a BLT while wife had the taco salad. Both were quite good, and the price was right. Service could have been better as 3 different waitresses served us and each one had to ask who ordered what. The place was quite busy so that could figure in, but the nenu was interesting, the food good, the price good, so we will go back to try some of the other items on the menu. Seems like a "senior hang-out" Definitely worth a return trip.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

We wanted to like Maria's! Nice location in Tubac, inviting covered patio, nice menu, good prices! But it was a frustrating experience. Arrived lunch hour and found it busy. Waited and waited to be even welcomed andvseated, even though empty tables. Wanted to sit at outside patio, but were told the empty tablesvwere not available there (turned out they simply needed to be cleared and reset). Ordered lunch and waited 20 minutes to get a salad andvsandwhich. Waitress vanished. Other waitress did not respond to us. Got wrong beverage. Waitress not available to change it. Wanted ketchup for fries. Told waitress twice. Our check came before the ketchup! Food quality? Mediocre. Service: nonexistent.

1  Thank Justlooking4value
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We stopped here to have a very early lunch before playing golf. We were pleasantly surprised they were happy to prepare lunch that early! We were offered a lunch menu and their breakfast menu. I had a bloody mary (on special) that not only tasted good but looked good with a variety of condiments including some fancy salty rim! We were offered seating inside or outside. Our waitress was very attentive even tho we were sitting outside. Our lunches were delicious with more than enough food! Loved the homemade cole slaw with bits of apple. Prices were very reasonable for Tubac dining! We will look forward to returning another time!

Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

I was working in Green Valley Az, and wanted to take a drive. I ended up in Tubac . What a surprising find. The menu did not offer many combination plates , but rather two and three of the same same. I wanted to try the crispy relleno , but menu listed plate with two. I wanted one relleno ands taco. The waitress said it was no problem to make a combination plate for me. Wow ! Everything was fresh and delicious! The relleno was a standard relleno but it was wrapped in a corn tortilla , deep fried and topped with green chili!' Amazing new twist on the classic! The taco was also just as delicious. I asked for a shredded beef taco. I was expecting the old standard beef, and was again pleasantly surprised by the slow cooked seasoned beef top with cheese fresh greens and ripe tomatoes! Probably the best Mexican creations I have ever had and I am from Southern California were I have been to MANY differ Mexican restaurants over the past 40 years! The service was average, but friendly.

Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

This was our second time to Maria's, the first was a couple of years ago and we couldn't remember what we had or what we liked, so we thought we would try again. The service was bad and slow, they only had two waitresses working and it was almost full. I had the chicken pot pie, it is enough for two people, I liked it, my husband loved it. He ate my meal since he ordered chicken strips and they were not very good. They were also out of items that day. We will return and try some other items on the menu and hope service improves.