“Now Infantes”

Dining options: Reservations
Tubac, Arizona
“Now Infantes”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Changed hands adios Maria, bienvenidos Infantes. Had a great meal on the third night in a full house. Rumor is the chef's are from Wildflower in Tucson. Great menu, fair prices delicious first experience. The table bread was fantastic, a chiabatta baked fresh with a sweet creamed butter. Started with perfectly cooked scallops with pancetta over creamed cauliflower. Had house-made lamb sausage in a tomato and onion reduction with gnocchi. We also had Scottish roasted salmon on white beans with a butter sauce. too much food to try dessert. Not huge portions but plenty for us. About $65 with two glasses of wine.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank RandyWade

Anchorage ak
“Mariscos enchiladas”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I splurged and had the mariscos enchiladas. They were fabulous. The staff was friendly and helpful. Nice, relaxed atmosphere. I will go back. Much cheaper than Elvira's and much better.

• Visited January 2013
Avondale, Arizona
“Excellent homestyle food”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I must say that I am critical reviewer with restaurants as I know how to cook myself. I've trusted other reviewers and wasn't disappointed. We were 6 people on a Sunday for lunch and in no rush. That might be important to say as I felt it really laid back and relaxing. This means that we waited quite some time before our food was served, and we waited quite some time to get our bills. If you don't bring time with you or it bothers you, you might want to say it right before you get seated. But because I appreciate to "go out for dinner" and not be rushed out of the restaurant as it is usual in the USA, I appreciated the atmosphere, sitting outside and enjoy the October sun of Arizona. The waitress was very friendly and helpful with the menu. She actually asked if we wanted to have separate checks - I appreciate that!!! For me that's a question that ALWAYS should be asked and in 90% it's not the case. Most of us had raspberry tea. It tasted pretty good and we got refills. My husband and I ordered the Chopped Chicken Salad and Chicken Pot Pie. We tried the Strawberry dressing for the salads and it was surprisingly very good, wow! Never had that before. The also homemade Ranch dressing was tasty as well. Portions were plenty. Others had their Burgers which they said they were really good and big. They also ordered 3 Tacos (if you are very hungry, order something else) and Verde (midsize portion). All of them said it was very tasty. We also got taco chips and dips while we were waiting for the food. So it didn't bother us at all to wait for great, homemade food, and for the quality and taste and refills of sodas I thought that it was a fair price. It could have been Maria herself who checked on us once, too, which was nice. If we go back to Tubac, I would go there again, and for sure recommend it to friends.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Rafi1968
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent food and great Margaritas at a low price!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

An unexpected find when most places in Tubac were closed for the August holiday. The owner used to run Los Brisas in Denver where she offered the same combination of great food, best Margaritas in town, and at an affordable price.

Beware, the margaritas are strong so if you have to drive, exercise caution!

Visited August 2013
Rio Rico, Arizona
“Fantastic Food especially for the price!!”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We moved to Tubac last December and have had a chance to eat at many of the local restaurants from Green Valley down to Nogales and in between. Maria's is one of our very favorites. Maria Jo's food is really good-good-good. Made with LOVE. The burgers are 1/2 pound and not expensive. Her chicken salad sandwich? SO GOOD! Also, when you order the chopped chicken salad or any dish with chicken breast it's moist and perfectly cooked. Not dry. So, this morning we went for breakfast for the very first time and it was excellent! Breakfast was a "Summer Special" ONLY $5.95! This was for 2 slices french toast, 2 slices good bacon, 2 eggs, small portion of homemade homefries. Plus, mixed fruit garnish. We left VERY happy!! Now it's not just our go-to lunch place, but also our new go-to weekend breakfast place. They are only open for brkfst on weekends.... This place is terrific!!

• Visited July 2013