“Maria's is closed. It is now Infante's Eclectic Cuisine”
Review of Maria's Grill - CLOSED

Maria's Grill
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Maria's Grill has closed. Infante's Eclectic Cuisine is now in the same location and worth experiencing. Excellent selections of unique ingredients.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We phoned Maria's to see if they were open on December 21 and learned they had changed ownership and were now Infantes. We decided to try the new restaurant for dinner and were just amazed and thrilled with the food and service. This is one of the best meals and experiences that we have had in many years. We were greeted by Sean who is the son and part owner and seated quickly. We were blessed to have Jeremy as our server (one of the best ever). We also met the father and owner of the business and he was delightful.
We ordered a bottle of wine. Their wine menu is limited due to them just opening seven days prior, however there were some good choices. We had the calamari for an appetizer which was the best calamari we have every had. My husband had the Paella and my mom the salmon and they were both delicious. We heard the table next to us talking about how good something was and learned it was the creme brulee.
When we finished our meal, we wanted to order the creme brulee, however Jeremy told us they were out. The father came to our table and told us if we wanted to wait 45 minutes, they would make some additional creme brulee for us and it would be worth the wait. He gave us free wine and coffee while we waited. After about 20 minutes, the chef, Zach, (who is amazing) came to our table and knelt down to chat with us. He told us he went to the market which is a few doors down and was unable to get the ingredients for the creme brulee, however would make a desert with Italian gelato, fruit and carmelized walnuts if we would wait. In about 15 minutes, we had the most wonderful dessert we have ever tasted. Jeremy brought us our bill and they would not charge us for the additional wine, coffee or the incredible dessert. When we left, we were thanked by all as we left and they even brought my husband his glasses which he left on the table. You really felt like a valued customer.
We were so impressed we decided to return on December 23 for the my birthday and last night. The food was once again fantastic. We had the scallop appetizer. My husband and I the hamburger which was excellent and you can even get a egg on top if you like. My mom ordered the calamari as her main course since she loved it so much the last time. We tried the creme brulee and and it was great, however not as good as Zach's creation. The only thing we missed the was the warmth and caring of Jeremy, Sean, the father and the rest of the family. There was definitely a difference it the atmosphere, however not the food.
We wish them well and plan to return when are back in Tubac in May.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I can honestly say that dining at Infantes was one of my most enjoyable dining experiences in years. We arrived after closing and the place was empty and thestaff was getting ready to leave. Yet the owner still let in our party of four and treated us like VIP's! We enjoyed several appetizers including Calamari, squash salad, and scallops. The chef came to our table with each course and explained the preparation/ingredients and made us a special entree and dessert not normally on the menu. I've lived in Chicago, New York, New Orleans and have had the pleasure of dining at excellent 5 start restaraunts. Infantes easily rivals any in terms of quality of food and wonderful staff. Prices are reasonable and plan to return tomorrow (and probably several times this week). Worth the drive from Tucson and for locals its a must dine experience.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Changed hands adios Maria, bienvenidos Infantes. Had a great meal on the third night in a full house. Rumor is the chef's are from Wildflower in Tucson. Great menu, fair prices delicious first experience. The table bread was fantastic, a chiabatta baked fresh with a sweet creamed butter. Started with perfectly cooked scallops with pancetta over creamed cauliflower. Had house-made lamb sausage in a tomato and onion reduction with gnocchi. We also had Scottish roasted salmon on white beans with a butter sauce. too much food to try dessert. Not huge portions but plenty for us. About $65 with two glasses of wine.

2  Thank RandyWade
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I splurged and had the mariscos enchiladas. They were fabulous. The staff was friendly and helpful. Nice, relaxed atmosphere. I will go back. Much cheaper than Elvira's and much better.