“One Of The Best In Tubac”
Review of Tubac Country Inn

Tubac Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Tubac B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here on the night of January 30, 2012 in Room #1. In the past we stayed at another B&B + The Golf Course and we found the Country Inn is superior. Tubac does not have an abundance of places to stay, so if arriving on weekends you must plan ahead. Since we arrived on a Monday, it was no problem. The room was acceptable and smallish. Due to the size of the room, watching TV was from the high bed. Since we weren't here for TV, that was ok. As others have stated, the bed is mounted on a high wooden frame. There is a space heater that did the job. We felt that the blankets were too heavy, so the heater worked fine. The breakfast basket was great. The croissants were excellent! As the photos shows, there is a microwave oven, sink, coffee maker and refrigerator. We would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PropellerJourney

Reviewed 31 January 2012

Our stay at the Tubac Country Inn could not have been better! The three of us have been friends for 35 years and always try to get together a couple of times a year (we live in different states). The Inn was designed and decorated in a tastefule western style; it was clean; and a breakfast of juice, yogurt, cheese and pastry was left at our door every day. It was within walking distance of all the shops, galleries, and restaurants in town; and there was hiking, a spa, the Mission at Tumacacori, a market and golf nearby. If you plan to head down to Tubac, I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: There are only 5 rooms/suites, so your accommodations may depend on the number in your party. We wer...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank traveltoo099
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We have recently returned from a four week trip to Arizona over Christmas and New Year and we started at the Tubac Country Inn in the lovely town of Tubac. Our room was spacious, with plenty of storage, a fridge and a microwave and a very efficient heating system that was much needed in a very cold spell. There was a seating area with comfortable chairs overlooking a tranquil garden. Our host was the lovely April who delivered a breakfast basket at 7.30 every morning and helped with eating places and ideas for trips around the locality. Try The Stables restaurant on the Tubac Golf Resort, great food in a lovely location. We also enjoyed coffee at The Chili Pepper cafe. Tubac is so compact that you can leave your car at the inn and walk everywhere. Browse in the galleries or visit the Presidio, venture over to Patagonia or take a trip to Arivaca (try Sweet Peas cafe on the edge of town). We really recommend this accommodation.

Room Tip: We went for Room 3 - very spacious, view of the garden and outside seating area. If the inn is full...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jgatsby
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Our stay exceeded expections. The proprietor was lovely, she took time to make sure any needs we had were met, and made helpful recommendations about where to eat and places of interest around Tubac. The breakfast basket was wonderful, the room was comfortable and beautifully decorated in a Southwest stye, and very functional. The courtyard was very neat, lots of places to sit and enjoy the desert plantings, fountain, etc. - it was an easy walk to the main square. We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly and highly recommend this lovely Inn. I swore I'd post a review when I got home, it took me 6-7 months, but better late than never... : )

Room Tip: We stayed on the main level, a room off the porch with a lovely view of the courtyard. I took lots...
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chickcc
Reviewed 9 November 2011

You feel right at home in the comfortable rooms here. Not too big, not tiny--just right. Nice Western decorations all over, enough for photographers to get some good shots in their own room (which I did). The platform bed was a little high to get up, but a stepstool was provided if necessary. The mattress was comfortable but I still got a little sore from sleeping on one side for awhile, so it could be better. Rooms were kept clean--just a couple of cobwebs here and there. Nice touch: the room was made up even though we only stayed two nights--some places won't do that. Each morning we had a nice treat of the breakfast basket. A piece of cheese, a container of yogurt, oj, a banana, and a muffin or other pastry per person. It turned out to be quite filling--we didn't even eat everything every day.

April, the hostess, was very friendly and was very knowledgeable about the area.

The price was very good. I definitely would stay here again if/when we come back (which we probably will).

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank harvo1
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Beautiful hotel in the heart of Tubac, park your car and enoy the town. the owner April is wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vegaspaw
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Fleeing the heat of Tucson, I headed to Tubac for an evening. When I saw this charming little B&B, I was quite taken. The building is from the 1980s so you have all the modern amenities while still feeling you are back in the past. The property owner/operator, April, was friendly and helpful. She provided me with a map of Tubac which I spent the evening exploring. I went specifically for a film that was showing Saturday evening. There isn't much going on in town right now at all. Most of the shops were closed by the time I got there. My purpose though was to relax and find some peace and quiet, and the Inn was the perfect spot for that. The room was comfortable, clean and well provisioned. There was a little fridge, coffee maker, huge comfy platform bed. Western decor throughout and my favorite part was the porch where I spent a lot of time reading and writing. April spent some time taking me on a little tour by the de Anza loop which I intend to hike at some point. Finally saw the tiny Santa Cruz River. I also went because rates are low now during the summer. I would recommend this place for a staycation.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank CharmedandLovingIt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tubac
Fray Marcos De Niza
Wyndham Green Valley Canoa Ranch Resort
Rancho de la Osa
Rancho de la Osa
#1 of 1 in Sasabe

Been to Tubac Country Inn? Share your experiences!