“Ghost restaurant”

Ranked #5 of 19 Restaurants in Tubac
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern, Bar, International, Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Tubac Jack's, one of the oldest restaurants in Tubac, has an eclectic menu of BBQ, Mexican, and worldwide favorites such as steaks, salmon, salads, burgers, pulled pork and, of course, our world famous green chili stew. Jack's has a huge patio to enjoy those beautiful southern arizona days and evenings, as well as a full dining room and bar suited for any size party. We have Johnny Bencomo playing his 18 string guitar every Friday night from 6-9, and a rotating list of bands playing on our patio every Saturday night. Jack's offers catering for parties large and small, take out, and a huge selection of craft beer and cocktails.
Elephant Butte, New Mexico
“Ghost restaurant”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were looking for a place to eat in Tubac. Entered the restaurant near noon…..nobody around, no reception, no waitstaff…..a ghostly silence pervaded the place….we left…end of story.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank dpbarn

Tubac
“AWSOME:)”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Great place now!! I highly recommend it!!AWSOME service and very good food!! I hear now that I'm a regular that nasty GM is gone!!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Greg4606
TubacJack, Owner at Tubac Jack's Restaurant, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thanks for dropping by Greg. We hope we can count you among our loyal and appreciated regulars.
South Central VA
“GM needs new job!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Thought we would try eating here. Really wish we had gone anywhere else. We ordered onion rings in a beer batter. They were so heavily battered I used paper napkins to try and get some oil out. would not recommend them. My husband got the ribs with apricot glaze, coleslaw, and fries. The ribs were very good, but the coleslaw was room temp and had no flavor. I ordered the Southwestern salad with grilled chicken, dressing on the side. It was served in a flour tortilla bowl that was so greasy it was sitting in a puddle of oil. The salad consisted of greens, with grated cheese, soggy corn and black beans. The beans and corn had no seasoning what so ever. The diced tomatoes were, again, mushy and tasteless! The ranch chipotle dressing was ranch dressing with what seemed to be seasoned with a salty chipote seasoning. It was extreamly salty, to the point of being grainy. As far as the chicken, where do I start! It seemed that it had been boiled to the point that it was void of any flavor, and so dry it wouldn't go down. I will give it this, the only flavor it had was dirty refrigerator! The waiter, Armando, was very nice, and attentive. When I sent the salad back, he brought the GM out to speak with me. The GM asked what was wrong with the salad, and after telling him, he said, "Hmmm, I'm surprised. You are the first person to complain in two years!" Really? Nice way to be defensive, and to let me know that there shouldn't be any reason to go back again. He was not interested in hearing that the food will never be better than the worst ingredient. So, in this case, there was not one saving grace to the dish. He removed the salad and went outside to the patio and smoked cigarettes! I'm sure the place survives on tourist, which would explain his lack of interest in wanting to know how he could make the food better. Sad, because we are locals now. Based on how much my husband enjoyed his ribs, it could be a regular for us. Guess next time we will go back to Poco and Mom's in Tucson.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank XTexeatsout
Gold Canyon, Arizona
“GREAT Margaritas!!!!!!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Fun spot with good music and décor. You don't have to get dressed up, as it is a casual environment. Outdoor seating. Service and food was spectacular. Did I mention those Margaritas? Ummm good!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Katherine B
ARIZONA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BBQ Ribs mmmm”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We took some friends to Tubac Jack's for the "happy hour". Ordered the Combo Platter with bar-be-que ribs. Everything on the platter was very good and the ribs were fantastic. One is offered the option of degree of spiciness. We chose medium which turned out to be on the upper edge of our taste buds but would not have had it any other way. The ribs are cooked to perfection with just the right amount of sauce.

Unfortunately we ate too many appetizers and passed on dinner. Next time the full serving of ribs will be on my plate!

• Visited April 2014