“Find somewhere else!”
Review of JJK's Restaurant

JJK's Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 19 Restaurants in Tusayan
Reviewed 7 November 2015

We were staying in the Canyon Plaza Hotel so we ate here for convenience - I wish we hadn't. We had salmon bake $29 abd sirloin steak $22. The service was poor, we had to wait too long for our meal and then it was just slapped on to the table - and to add to the insult they automatically add 15% gratuity!
We also went for breakfast hoping the night before they'd have an off day - but no. Breakfast is a buffet with cooked food (limited selection) but no bread, bagels, muffins etc. We asked 3 times for coffee (even the manager) but had to leave our breakfast and go and find the coffee ourselves. We never got a second cup! The cost is $12 and once again 15% gratuity which they refuse to take off!
Go elsewhere is my advice

Date of visit: September 2015
Write a reviewReviews (52)

Reviewed 7 July 2015

We found that nice selection of dishes on the menu. The salad bar was extensive with a wide variety of salad selection. However, the two different main course selections made by both my wife and I were a big disappointment. Poorly prepared and cooked meat (beef, way too salty) and over done vegetables. I would classify the cook as either very new or undertrained or both. The service was very attentive but the meal was very poor quality.

The price of the meals did not match the quality of the meal. We were very disappointed and would not return for another meal.

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

The restaurant is located inside the Canyon Plaza Hotel. The service was outstanding and we chose the dinner buffet, which was surprisingly good. The choices were adequate, and very tasty.

Date of visit: May 2015
1  Thank coleeno814
Reviewed 17 January 2015

My partner and I went for lunch here on Saturday 1/17/15. When we arrived we had to wait for someone to come over to be seated. Once seated I had decided to have the buffet. It was $12 for lunch. The buffet was nothing. It had a few salad items. The main courses were beans, fried chicken, chef boyardee raviolis, spaghetti mixed with some rib meat, instant mashed potatoes, over cooked roast beef mixed with red peppers, onions and green peppers, bread, and included small glasses of iced tea or water no ice. My partner had an over cooked cheeseburger. The wait staff never asked if we wanted something to drink. Never asked if everything was okay. I would suggest to avoid this place its a dump.

Date of visit: January 2015
1  Thank Carl B
Reviewed 5 September 2014

The menu is quite varied and the food was delicious if a little expensive. The staff are so friendly and helpful, it really made our evening.

Date of visit: September 2014