From registration through check out, it felt like we had stepped back in time. The lobby was cozy with a fireplace and Christmas tree. The staff was very friendly. There was something about the decor that felt like the resort's heyday may have included visits from the Vegas and/or Hollywood legends like Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. Just a feeling - I haven't done any research to confirm.
The Christmas dinner buffet reminded me of holiday dinners when I was 12 (in the sixties!) - limited selection of entree, sides and desserts - of adequate quality but not fine dining.
We requested and got adjoining rooms. The rooms were quite spacious and nicely laid out with a separate sitting area. An extra sink outside the bathroom was a nice touch. The furniture was dated but sturdy. The room was clean.
We were happy with our overnight stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 1 mile from the South Rim entrance to the Grand Canyon National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Canyon Plaza Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canyon Plaza Hotel Tusayan
- Quality Inn Grand Canyon National Park