I have mixed feelings about our stay here.
Pros: First thing's first, it was clean. In terms of location, you can't really beat it. It's a very short drive to Grand Canyon National Park. The breakfast was very generous, there was a huge selection of both hot and cold items (scrambled eggs, sausages, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, french toast, cereal, pastries, fruit, yoghurt). Also, the in-hotel entertainment was pretty cool (although not free) - a bowling alley, games arcade and bar. Apart from Vegas, I've never come across this type of thing. Maybe I've been staying in the wrong hotels.
Cons: The price is a little steep. The staff were a bit surly, they were either disinterested or rude. The walls were super thin and we could hear people banging around and yelling in the hallway. Also, around 8 in the morning we were awoken by somebody shouting "housekeeping!" up and down the corridor. And perhaps the biggest downside of all - the wifi is so slow it may as well be non existent.
In conclusion, yes it will meet your basic needs (except wifi), the free breakfast and location are fantastic, but the rest is fairly average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn, we're proud to be the finest property at The Grand Canyon in Tusayan, Arizona. Moments away from the South Rim entrance to Grand Canyon National Park, our property offers all the amenities you expect and deserve from a fine hotel. We are pleased to provide you with the ultimate Grand Canyon hotel experience. Allow us to anticipate your every need here at the South Rim, the heart of Grand Canyon's National Park. By day, let your senses come alive in the unique ecosystem of the Grand Canyon and the high desert of the Coconino Plateau. By night, come home to the genteel oasis of the Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn. Whether your trip to the canyon is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure or a much needed escape to nature, make us your first and only choice for lodging. Our warm, relaxed ambiance is the perfect end to a day in the magnificent American Southwest. With a variety of dining and entertainment choices on our expansive grounds, we're sure to please guests of all ages. Our array of guest services, magnificent art collection, fireside lounge and Family Fun Center will make us your favorite place to unwind. Our beautifully appointed rooms were designed with your complete comfort in mind. At our Grand Canyon hotel, you can experience an exquisite sunset, relax under the stars and wake up to a spectacular sunrise when lodging with us. The Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn offers an unexpected grandeur, uniquely suited to a Grand Canyon South Rim hotel. We promise you a remarkable, memorable experience at the Grand Canyon, one of the premier world heritage sites. Electric car chargers available. We have a limited number of pet-friendly rooms available. A pet-friendly room reservation is required. The pet friendly rate is $20.00 per day. A refundable cleaning and damage deposit of $50.00 is required upon check-in. If damage occurs or excessive cleaning is needed, the deposit can become non-refundable and the hotel may charge additionally to cover the costs of repair or cleaning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, bedfinder AG, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Hotel Tusayan
- Best Western Tusayan
- Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn
- Tusayan Best Western
- Best Western Grand Canyon National Park
- Grand Canyon National Park Best Western