“A cool place to hang your hat!”
Review of Rio Tierra Casitas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wickenburg
Rio Tierra Casitas
Ranked #1 of 4 Wickenburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 March 2011

Rio Tierra Casitas, in particular Glo's Bungalow where I stayed for six weeks, was the perfect match for a woman north of 60 on her own. The house is roomy & airy, with plenty of light, a kitchen you can cook in comfortably, a good bed (no backaches!), and a fabulous shower. French doors from the bedroom to the porch, which overlooks a broad vista, provide a sense of enlarged space, without losing a cozy quality good for sleeping. Smart, witty details round out the package. Hosts Katy Bee & John were like the proverbial pillars of the Temple, close, but not too close. They provided everything I needed, from stuff to advice, even friendship and some trips, without being overbearing or cluckish! I felt safe and cared for, yet free to pursue my solitary interests. Spend some time here if you are looking for a real place with bright, interesting people at the helm.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 March 2011

From the creative and thoughtful style, and the clean rooms, to the walks through the Hassayampa Preserve, and beyond, my husband and I left feeling like we had truly connected with the quietude and beauty of the desert. We cooked piles of good Mexican food in the well-equipped kitchen, and especially enjoyed fresh fruit smoothie margaritas shared with the innkeepers. Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2011

We were there for a week for workshops at the meadows. We really appreciated having a nice comfortable place to relax at night. I found this online and thought my spouse would like it - she does not like chain hotels - and she LOVED it!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2011

I stayed in the Mexicasa. It was so charming, beautiful and unique! Katy was very friendly, helpful and available for any of my needs. I loved my peaceful walk down to the Hassayampa river, It was very serene. All i could hear were the birds, the wind in the trees and the sound of the river. I had everything i could need from the full kitchen stocked with yummy snacks, fresh baked sweet bread in the morning and a TV with satelitte and DVD player. Lots of info in the room about the area, where to eat, things to do etc. Went to see the Vulture Mine. It was really interesting to see the old ghost town with it's original buildings and equipment still there. I loved The Rio Terra Casitas and will definitely return!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 February 2011

My husband and I were on a month tour of the southwest and discovered the casitas because of the great reviews it had received. They were all correct. Best accomodations we had the whole trip. Katy was so helpful and friendly and the little casitas was perfect. And being western fans it was like walking into a western museum. The breakfast items were perfect to start our day exploring Wickenburg. We will return.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2011

We stayed at the Mexican Casita for our stay in Wickenburg. It was my husband, grown daughter, mom and myself. We had plenty of room. The casita is wonderful. It is decorated so your eyes are constanly taking in all the wonderful things in it. It is also IMMACULATE!..

Katy, the owner, was very hepful. The grounds are beautiful, tons of walking area.

We would definitely come back.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2011

I chose the casita as I was in Wickenburg to visit a sick family member. Each night I was so grateful to go back to my little home as it was just what i needed to decompress and rejuvinate. I must say as well, that the walk to the river was truly beautiful. I am from the NW and have a completely new appreciation for desert beauty. I would stay here again and even visit Wickenburg again, just to have such a sweet place to sleep.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo