“Warm, and friendly hosts, great decorations and furnishing, lovely spot”
Review of Rio Tierra Casitas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wickenburg
Rio Tierra Casitas
Ranked #1 of 3 Wickenburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Your hosts are thoughtful and friendly folks who have created a wonderful world for you to retreat to. Colorful, imaginative and fun decor, superbly equipped casitias set up right next to the wonderful Hassayampa River Nature Preserve. You can walk out into the lush preserve for terrific birding and wildlife, or farther into the desert right from you casita. It is fun to stay here just to see how John and Katy have collected western memorabilia and created a unique and delightful little world for you to enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
KateBeewell, Owner at Rio Tierra Casitas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to include so many details about our vacation property you enjoy.
You have been one of our very favorite returning guests here and we hope to see you often!
It's been a pleasure getting to know you.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I stayed in Glo's Bungalow for a month and it was great! Cable TV and wi-fi were great additions to the cozy casita. The full kitchen made it easy to cook dinner every night. Katy is friendly and warm and I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay while in Wickenburg!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My family and I stayed a week at Rio Tierra and simply loved it. The casita was open, warm and charming - we discovered new things every day within the home and area. We really needed a quite space to relax and unwind and we found it in this rare jewel. Katy was very kind and friendly and I know we will be back to visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed at the Rio Tierra for one week. It is such a lovely place. Very cozy, very homely, very unique and original. The hosts are super super super nice. Katy's home-baked muffins are the best ever. Would always stay here again. Can very much recommend.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Calvin0014
KateBeewell, Owner at Rio Tierra Casitas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

You were such a pleasure to have stay with us! I will always remember your smiling face.
Like so many of our guests, it's sad to see you leave. Thanks for coming!

Reviewed 22 April 2013

I cannot even put into words how great my visit was. The place is full of artifacts, character, warmth and a ton of love!!!! I stayed in the Ranchero Deluxe and the pictures on the site, don't do it justice.....I'm not a "country" girl....but after the stay I could be. The decor is simply the best I have ever seem. The property s very well taken care of and it is so peaceful. It would be a great place for a group gathering. If I ever find myself in Wickenberg AZ (or anywhere close), I will certainly be back!!!!

Katy. Thanks for everything. I've planted my ice plant that I loved so much. I'll let you know how it does in Texas!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

It is so rewarding to have our guests feel comfortable and at home here, and appreciate all of our details. It's all a labor of love to offer backdrops like you don't have at home. Life is art and it soothes the soul. Thank you for sharing your time with us. You were a pleasure to have here.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Katy has captured the spirit of the southwest in her charming casita on the outskirts of Wickenburg. From the minute I walked in, I was taken with the warm finish on the floors and the cheery colors of the abode.

I arrived late, but Katy was willing to guide me in from the road with the beacon of her flashlight. From there, she brought me a wonderful homemade muffin I enjoyed the next morning before heading off to Family Week. I noticed the first afternoon she was also kind enough to stock the fridge with a few goodies that came in handy those days I was running behind.

While the home was a wonderful retreat, the surrounding grounds and adjacent Bosque were an added bonus. I was able to start and end each day with nice stroll along the dried riverbed that was only footsteps from my front door. All around, MexiCasa is a perfect place to re-energize and rebalance.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank KatCunningham15
Reviewed 1 April 2013

When you pull off the busy highway heading out of historic Wickenburg, AZ and dip into the trees that are filled with birds, unique looking cottages, places to sit along the "river"...more of a year round creek...in the high desert. The interiors of the cottages are upgraded with a full kitchen, living room, bedroom with a queen. Best of all the porch.

John was working on the grounds and Katy was baking homemade goodies that she dropped off for us to enjoy. The Frig. had juices, yogurt, water, soft drinks, milk and a bowl of fresh fruit. Great way to start an enjoyable stay.

We will be heading back next year and we might just stretch it to a week. Great place!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

It was fun getting to know you. So sorry the visit was so brief though.
We'll hold a casita for a longer stay next time! Glad you discovered us.