“Great time”

Cowboy Way Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the beauty of Arizona from horseback. Cowboy Way Adventures offers guided horseback trail rides in scenic Wickenburg and Prescott, Arizona. NEWS FLASH!! We have moved back to Wickenburg for the winter and are now offering Ranch Sorting! Hourly horseback rides, half and full day rides are available as well as overnight pack trips. We also do special events such as horseback weddings and parties. Give us a call and we will plan your next horseback trail riding adventure... the Cowboy Way!.
Williamsburg, Va
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Great time”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Actually we rode with Cowboy Way Adventures located by Cottonwood, outside of Sedona. Excellent price for a two hour ride. Jen was our guide and she was very good. The horses rode well, not the typical where they just want to follow and eat. They actually had personality. Very professional business and we had a wonderful time.

Visited June 2014

Dundas, Minnesota
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Like being in a western movie!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I did a 3 hour ride at the Cottonwood location on 5/30. It did take a couple days to coordinate my reservation since you have to leave a message for them to call back. I was leery of getting the Group On and being stuck with it if I couldn't ride but Kandace offered me the Group On rate without having to go that route. The scenery was beautiful and the terrain varied a lot. Take water and wear a hat and sunscreen! They have saddle bags for your stuff which was nice so is isn't have to wear a back pack. I highly recommend this if you're in Sedona.

Visited May 2014
El Mirage, AZ
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Will be back (when it's cooler!)”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We purchased the LivingSocial deal for a 2-hour ride and redeemed today - last day at the Wickenburg site. No problems at all getting scheduled or using my voucher. They put me on the perfect horse for my first time riding; my husband has a little more experience and rode a more suitable horse. We were with a group of 4 other adults. I had a great time and my husband did too. It gets hot out there this time of year and I'm a little sunburned but I'd love to do it again when the weather cools off. I think they return to the Wickenburg location in November (confirm on the website).

Visited May 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The real deal”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was perhaps the true highlight of our visit to Arizona...as we took a day trip to Sedona and capped off a great day with a sunset horseback ride with my wife and three teenage boys (14, 14, and 16...yes twins).

The ranch is just that...a ranch with a little basic building on the premises and nothing fancy except the vista and the willingness of the entire team to make your visit and experience the best it can be.

Yes, I used a coupon but I also did a ton of research and what sold me on Cowboy Way was their simplistic approach to simply wanting to take you out on their huge ranch and have a great time. The horses are excellent and are not head to tail riding but truly "giddy yap" and go...as the horses trot and gallop and run if you want...but Charlie is unreal friendly and smart, and interesting and very knowledgeable about all he needs to be and more.

Charlie is a real cowboy not someone who when the place closes puts on khakis and a button down and goes into town for sushi...but a real working cowboy who eats and breaths and loves his job.

The ranch is humongous and you ride way out on to it and get to appreciate the entire vista and plants and mountains...we did a sunset ride which was spectacular not only because of the beautiful sunset...but it had cooed down and when the lights in the distance became illuminated it was truly beautiful.

We are from Baltimore and not experienced riders and my boys had never ridden...but we all had a great time and would without question come back and do it again...as the horses and ride and customer service could not have been better.

This my friends...is the real deal!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Eric B
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fun riding”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

There were 6 adults that went on a 2 hr horseback ride. It was a groupon special and well worth the money. After going on the ride I would do it again and pay full price. It was that good.The staff was very friendly and helpful. The horses were excellent to ride. Our guide Chris, I believe was his name was excellent. He was very talkative to all of us . He knew a lot about the area and had some great cowboy stories for us. We have been on over a dozen different horseback rides in the past few years and I would rate this one the best so far. Great job Cowboy Way Adventures!!

Visited April 2014