“My choice in Wikcenburg”

Super 8 Wickenburg AZ
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Wickenburg
Wickenburg, Arizona
“My choice in Wikcenburg”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Wickenburg is my home town, I'm living far away now with my husband - so each time we come and visit we're staying at the Super 8. Not only is it a historic building with much charm, the staff is excessively friendly and helpful, the rooms are nice as well as very clean with all the amenities you'd except at a motel - and more. The breakfast is really nice as well, and since I usually need to do some work en route on my laptop I appreciate the free wi-fi that works like a charm in the rooms (In marked contrasts to other places that are touring the service ... ). The neighbor is very quiet despite its location on the main road out of town (even more sicne we got the by-pass), restaurants and stores are very close ... I love the place and next time I go home I'll stay there again for sure.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Esty666

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
wisconsin
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Very nice and clean hotel close to town. The hotel used to be on the main drag but the bypass has taken care of that. The staff is always very friendly and willing to help out with any questions. I have stayed here severel times and it is always clean and easy.

Room Tip: get a room on the first floor in front.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank sailorman9
bloomfield, USA
Reviewed 5 March 2011

Our daughter recently moved to Wickenburg and my husband and I wanted to visit her. Not knowing the area, we booked our stay at the Super 8 based on reviews from TripAdvisor.

I'm happy we did. The Super 8 is located on one of the main streets but not in the center of town - it is a little removed. The Super 8 has a ranch-like feel to it, which makes a nice appearance from the street.

However, they offer breakfast which is more of a continental breakfast. Some may be expecting more.

Our room consisted of a queen bed, recliner/rocking chair, dorm fridge, coffee maker, desk and chair, tv. The sink/vanity table is out side of the bathroom which is a nice feature.

When visiting my daughter, I will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dcwrn
Irvine, California
Reviewed 8 February 2011

We stayed 3 nights, friendly personnel, very clean and provided for a quite weekend, Breakfast was adequate and the value was great, one of the bed mattress was due for a replacement ( didn't use) but otherwise was a perfect place to stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dave32530
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Very friendly people. I was surprise at how expensive this motel was during off season and Ethan had to pay a fee to stay with me. I think it was $15, but it may have been more. The room was nice and the continental breakfast was good, but as I stay little in the room during the day or night it was not a good value.
As far as thinks to do in Wickenburg? I found a little Mexican bar and grill and ONE nice bar. There was nothing else to do except shop. Make sure you go to the Mercantile on the corner. Definitely a step above the usual souvenir store.
The one theater in town shows older movies that are usually not out any more or are leaving the theaters.
Not a motel if you have children and they want to swim.
All the hotels in town are expensive!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 28 May 2010

my friend and i broke down in our moterhome 30 miles north of wickenburg, with no cell coverage we hitched back to town, we dropped off at the super 8. the person at the desk, her name is JANET she was so helpful, as you can imagine we were having some bad luck until we got to the hotel. janet let us use the internet,phone,phonebook and her local knowledge to help us get back on the road 'even gave us a cell charger'. we stayed the night and had a good nights sleep.. i have to say janet at the wickenburg super 8 was just about the only good thing that happened on our trip!!!!!! thanks again
scott w
las vegas

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank wight3922
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2010

we stayed one night front desk staff were excellent, the rooms were a bit small with a pretty poor shower,in fact it was the worst of of whole three week stay.breakfast was very limited .had the cost been lower it would have been good value but it was over priced for what was on offer.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple