“Poor Security and no internet” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Wickenburg AZ

and 1 more site!
Super 8 Wickenburg AZ
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Wickenburg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Payson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

After reading other reviews on this hotel, I decided to book a stay there in spite of my negative opinion of "Super 8" Motels, based on past experience. This particular hotel is far superior to others in the chain (in my limited experience), and even superior in some ways to some other places we have stayed that were much more expensive. I will start with the negatives, because they are few; First, I had a little trouble with my key card opening the exterior door from the parking lot to the interior hallway. It never gave me any trouble getting into our room, and all I had to do was walk around front and enter through the lobby when it didn't work. Second, and this is mostly conjecture, because we had a breakfast meeting and didn't use the hotel breakfast. The breakfast room is quite small (or "cozy" as a Real Estate agent would say), and seemed to have a limited selection of food, but I only walked through the breakfast area just at the end of the serving time. Denny's is just a couple of blocks away and they have a $4 Grand Slam breakfast. Third, the bathroom in our room was quite small. You have to open the door all the way to walk past the commode and then close the door. Not a big deal, but worth mentioning. I would assume that they have accessible rooms with larger facilities. In the bathroom, there was a bit of a ring in the commode and the exhaust vent fan was not well attached to the ceiling. Fourth, the A/C made a strange noise, like snow melting and sliding off a steel roof, for a bit after the compressor came on, and again when it went off. I sleep through almost anything, and my wife wears earplugs, so it didn't bother our sleep, but it was a bit distracting when we were awake.

Now for the good:
1. Robes in the room provided for our comfort and convenience - they are nice, thick terry cloth robes; Not quite "luxurious" but certainly comfortable. We recently stayed in a nice suite in a San Diego hotel that cost almost $200/night that didn't provide robes.
2. The attitude of the staff is pleasant and friendly. I think they genuinely enjoy working there. Within ten minutes of getting to our room, the front desk called to see if everything was satisfactory. I was impressed with the service from the moment I walked into the lobby, and nothing during our one night stay changed my mind.
3. The comfort of the bed can be very subjective, but I had the best night's sleep I've had in awhile. Of course, We do bring our own pillows, but we sleep on a "sleep number" bed at home, so I'm kind of picky.
4. The room was stocked with everything you should need - coffee, fridge, microwave, iron, ironing board, flat panel TV, La-Z-Boy recliner, desk with chair, & wireless internet (not secure). This was the business King room, so I don't know what the standard room is like. When I asked if I could have a couple more packets of decaf coffee, he handed me three! Just an example of how they try to go above and beyond expectations.
If this was a $200 room, I would have only given it 4 stars because of the negatives but, in my limited experience in hotels (we only stay in a hotel one or two nights in an average year), the quality of the room and the service is more like what I would expect for a room costing at least 25% more than I paid. The rating for the pool was accidental. I don't even think they have one, but I couldn't uncheck it once it was checked.
If we need a room in Wickenburg again, I would definitely plan to stay there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank PhilOnTheRoadAgain
Caldwell Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

We most always stay at Super 8s and they vary in quality from area to area, and we were surprised to see such a nice, clean and well stocked facility. The beds are good and was glad after a long day of traveling to be able to relax in a quiet room.

Room Tip: It is what it is.