“Like!”

Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located at 57 N Valentine Street in Wickenburg. We 4 dinning areas and a full bar
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Anita's was recommended by a friend as a stop by place for our trip from Scottsdale, AZ to Laughlin, NV. It was my first time in Wickenburg and I found it to be a lovely historic old town. Anita's was packed full of locals on a recent Tuesday night visit. There are several dining rooms, some with big screen TV's for your enjoyment although we chose to be seated in another room. The large family gathering stuffed into the relatively small dining room we were seated in made for a rather cramped and loud dining experience. The homemade salsa's were good although I would have preferred a little less cilantro as it was a little overbearing. Two of us ordered a half order size of the quesadilla with the works. The other member in our party had a difficult time finding something gluten free to accommodate her dietary limitations. She settled for a steak fajita dinner. We also ordered 2 Margarita's and found them to be just average. The salsa was good, the atmosphere could have been good without the confusion, service could have been better if they had had more people working but the staff was friendly and worked quickly to get our drinks and food of the table. Even though I wasn't blown away by the food or drink I wouldn't mind trying it again sometime, maybe when it is less busy and I could order a Tamale.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

OMG .... the salsa was amazing. We shared an order of the rolled tacos ..... good but a little over cooked. I was happy just enjoying the salsa. Nice atmosphere and plenty of room for dining.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Food okay, nothing to scream about. Great art on the walls. Service friendly and attentive.............

1  Thank FromCharlottesville
Reviewed 9 September 2013

So the salsa was excellent, as were the homemade chips- yea! Everything else was pretty bland- guac, bean dip, cheese crisp & chimichanga. The meat in the chimichanga was just plain & lacking flavor- well really everything did. I loaded my cheese crisp with the salsa to help. Lots of salt was needed on everything.
The service was great, draft beer was cold & the restaurant set up was cute as well. Also a good location & easy parking.
We will try somewhere else next time through town or stop in for beer, chips & salsa. :)

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Easy parking, lots of chips & dip, and enough 'South of the Border' dishes to make you want to return. Some can be way spicy, but that's why we go back! And then the outside 105 degree temps seem almost cool!

1  Thank John S