“Very good meal” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 46 Restaurants in Wickenburg
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located at 57 N Valentine Street in Wickenburg. We 4 dinning areas and a full bar
Central Arizona, Arizona
“Very good meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

First about the chips. I asked as soon as they brought us the chips because of the review I had read about people being charged for things they didn't ask for. They assured me the first two bowls are free and I read the same thing on the menu. We did not need to worry about it as we didn't even finish the first bowl before our dinner arrived. They serve two kinds of salsa.

We ordered half portions and we were glad that we did because the half portions were like a full portion in size. The food was delicious. The service was quick and friendly.

We were there on a Monday night so there weren't a lot of people there.

La Quinta, California
“One of our favorites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

When we visit Wickenburg, Anita's is first on our list for dinner. Family owned, and pleasant helpful staff. Starting with chips and salsa ( hot or mild ), then on to our dinners of taco, enchilada combo, and chicken fajitas. Delicious and generous portions. Followed by our favorite fried ice cream. Busy place, with both dining room and bar sections. Convenient location and parking.

Lander, Wyoming
“Great food and much more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We had dinner at Anita's last week on Halloween night. The staff, dressed in cheerful costumes, delivered excellent service. Our meal began with two types of yummy salsa and chips. I had the rolled tacos and a crispy chili relleno. The food was fresh, very well prepared, and portions were generous. As we were leaving, the hostess let us choose a Halloween candy treat. The next day, when we were over 100 miles away on our way home to Wyoming, I discovered I had played a trick on myself when I realized my purse was missing. A call confirmed I had left my purse at the table. Bill, the manager, drove the purse to My Secretary and Shipping (who also deserve kudos) and it arrived a few days later with DL, credit cards and cash intact. While our meal definitely rated 5 stars without the purse incident, in this case, I'd like to give it a 10. Many thanks to Bill as well as assorted honest mummy's, pirates and fairies who saved our trip from disaster!

• Visited October 2013
Sun City West, Arizona
“Food Is Okay But Beware…”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

We had heard great things about Anita's so were really looking forward to eating here. We had frozen margaritas (none too heavy on the alcohol but okay for $4.25 each) and I had a chicken burrito and my husband had the fish dinner. We were with friends who also had margaritas and she had the half quesadilla (plenty of food) and he had the poblano pepper special. When we were seated, our waitress brought us a small bowl of chips (about 6 chips per person) and some hot and mild bowls of salsa. Later we were asked if we wanted more chips and got another small serving and then later someone came by and took the bowl (which wasn't quite empty) and said "I'll get you more chips - do you need more salsa?" Since we were only eating the mild salsa, we asked for more of that.

The food came hot quickly and was good - nothing spectacular but decent Mexican food. However, we were in for a shock when we got to the cash register to pay. First of all, my husband asked the cashier if we could split the bill down the middle between the two couples and she said there was a charge to do so. Turns out she was joking but somehow we didn't see the humor. The guys noticed we had been charged $4.25 for chips and salsa and questioned that part of the bill. According to the cashier, that's a standard charge - she at first said she'd try to get it taken off but instead, ran the credit card through and gave it to my husband to sign with the charge still on it.

We have eaten at tons of Mexican restaurants all over the US and have NEVER been charged for chips and salsa unless we got something extra like queso or guacamole - and especially when we all had drinks and dinner and never were we told there was a charge. If there was mention of the charge on the menu, we didn't see it nor did the waitress mention it.

The four of us had been discussing an overnight bicycle trip to Wickenburg and planned to eat at Anita's (there would have been 25-30 in our group) but now we plan to never return - and we will tell everyone we know to find another place in Wickenburg to eat Mexican food.

We won't be fooled twice…and we won't be back.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Alberta
“The best place to go for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

I had the shrimp tacos with a side of guacamole. I lost count at 18 shrimp. Absolutely great. The home made corn chips n salsa that they bring out before the meal comes are so addicting. The picco de galio that came with the tacos was fresh and hand made, with just the right amount of spice. My husband had the enchilada
Special of the day, which also looked good. Service excellent and staff friendly. If you like Mexican food, stop here.

Visited October 2013