“A little slice of heaven”
Review of Flying E Ranch

Flying E Ranch
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Wickenburg
Reviewed 28 April 2014

26 years ago we came to this place on a whim based on my wife's desire to ride, and an article in the Los Angeles Times travel section. We have been back every year since and would never miss a year. The staff is beyond friendly, and dedicated to serving their guests with a smile, even though we usually arrive near the end of their busy season. We have never had a bad experience. And if you can't find something to do at the ranch - riding, pool/jacuzzi, food (oh, the food!), cocktail parties, games, group activities, entertainment, etc - then there are multiple nearby golf options and the friendly town of Wickenburg to explore. We have made numerous lifetime friendships at the ranch and been to Canada and 4 different states to see members of our ranch family.....as well as them coming to our home in California. In summary, the perfect place to unwind, play and get away from it all in a terrific environment.

Room Tip: Read the brochure.....the rooms are simple, yet immaculately clean and there are different sized roo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephen E
flyingeranch, General Manager at Flying E Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2015

This planet is a better place to have you two living on it. Thank so much for your many years of continued support to the Flying E. Easter is a wonderful time here at the ranch with so many wonderful guests who return to enjoy each other and good times. Looking forward to seeing you in 2015.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I just came back from a trip to the E Ranch.
We wanted a true dude ranch experience and after some research we settled for the E Ranch. Reviews are impressive, but this place does exceed your expectations!!
E Ranch staff are attentive, friendly and fun, making you feeling at home from the very beginning. Being a foreigner (Spanish) is not a problem at all.
Riding there is great. If you are concerned, no previous riding experience is no problem at all, the wranglers (Aaron,Norm, Johnny and also Tom and Debbie and the vaquero Ben) will choose the best horse for you (one whose name you will never forget) and you can even do team penning (or a sort-of….:))
And after your rides you can enjoy true American hospitality. Service is impecable, food delicious (oh how I miss those lovely chocolate cookies!!!!)
If we can make it(the ranch is a long,long way from Bilbao where we live) , we will certainly return next year.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Veronica C

This is a wonderful review. Thank you so much. Glad to hear you "Loved It"! I know you live a long distance away, but we hope you can return to the ranch soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Flying E Ranch. I am finding it hard to put into words what a special place this is. We travelled from England which was a very long trip. The ranch far exceeded our expectations. The rooms were lovely, we had an adjoining room for our two boys which worked very well and we had plenty of space (rooms 1&2). The views were just incredible from sitting in chairs just outside our room. We met some wonderful people, shared our meals with folk from all over.... The food was very good. The breakfasts were great, with fresh homemade bread and the kids loved the cookie jar! We really enjoyed the evening meals on the patio. The kids made friends with other children ( and taffy the dog!) and enjoyed swimming and playing games. The pool is super, stunning views. We all enjoyed riding, once or sometimes twice a day and the wranglers were so helpful and friendly. It has been my dream to stay on a ranch and I am so pleased that the whole family enjoyed the experience. My youngest knows all about plants and wildlife in the desert! It was so amazing to go out as a family and ride the beautiful trails with our wrangler Debbie. All in all we are missing the ranch and starting a Flying E savings pot at home to start planning our return trip. The whole family agree, we will be returning....thank you so much to everyone who made our stay truly special. Kate, Jon, Olly & Isaac Chivers, Cambridge, England.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kate C
flyingeranch, General Manager at Flying E Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2014

Thank you for your kind words and glad to know the entire family enjoyed their visit to the Flying E Ranch. Looking forward to seeing you for your "already booked" return!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I really wanted to give you 4 stars so the "bar" would not be so high. I expected to enjoy this place but since I don't ride... Only tolerate it was my expectation.

I was catering to my sister's love of horses. But I loved it. Thank you Jim, Juan, Veronica, Allan, Piper & others for making this so memorable. You walk up to strangers and say ...my name is ... You are now friends and your biggest challenge is remembering names. Marilyn, Tom and Erica as well as Norm and his girls. Thank you. You are great fun!

Food was good but that is not what make this place special. Somehow in big cities and large companies we lose touch about ... being folks and friends really is!

At cocktail parties, we stand formally...ask ...what do you "do"? Here, it is...how was you ride!

Thank God for places like this that cater to families and fun & stupid laughable times together.

Thanks to all the wranglers. People mention Johnny..so do I...he got this old lady on a horse. Loved Debbie and Tom ...thanks for showing my friends the horses and being such fun!

Thank you Steve for showing us the owlets and showing us the Pilar cookbook and loving the history of this place. Andie...you are amazing, as well as Taffy, miss Kitty & Ethel! Now Mr. Grumpy! Another story.

Andie...tell this old goat... I will be back or haunt him! In my video I heard him say..."where is that old woman?"...for 1st throw in the cow pie toss

Don't get mad...get even! ..... That is my motto! I shall return!

Thank you all very much. As I said, being around the world...I have never enjoyed myself more. Some places are more spectacular but that does not always bring the enjoyment I experienced here!

The saying is...you remember your first horse and wrangler. For only 15 minutes it was Johnny and Chubb! Thanks again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Tessica

What a great review! I have been working on Grumpy over the summer and he has started to smile a little more often. Gotta Love Him! It is a pleasure to have people who do not ride write such a wonderful story about their visit to the Flying E. One does not need to ride to enjoy everything we have to offer. We look forward to your return. Thanks so much for sharing your story on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband and I just returned from our second trip to the Flying E Ranch. This time the desert was just past full bloom and we thoroughly enjoyed its peaceful beauty. The wranglers, Norm, Aaron and Johnny, were wonderful with the horses and guided us over different trails through the desert each day. We enjoyed fabulous breakfasts, lunches and dinners with the other guests at the ranch, making many new friends. Andrea and Steve Taylor, owners of the ranch, are warm and welcoming, making sure to spend time with each and every guest. The Flying E is a great getaway from our normal busy, scheduled lives. Take your family or spouse and enjoy a vacation you will treasure for a lifetime.

Room Tip: Andrea and Amanda in the office will help you select the room that 'fits' you best.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
flyingeranch, General Manager at Flying E Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

We really enjoyed your return visit to the ranch. Interesting conversation and nice to see you able to relax if only for a few days. The trivets are perfect for the saloon. Keep Smiling and we look forward to seeing you back on the trails next season.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have been to Fly E two times. Once with friends and once with friends and family. Both were so enjoyable and carefree. The accommodations are rustic, clean and comfortable and the staff and owners are there to meet every need. They are friendly and helpful and so welcoming. The kitchen very flexible with dietary needs and the family style service is plentiful and toooooo good. I eat too much every time! We took trail rides once or twice a day which one time included a breakfast ride and another time a lunch ride cookout. There's a pool with hot tub, toy/game room, ping pong, fuse (sp?) ball, shuffle board, tennis courts, b-ball, life-size chess/checkerboard, lodge with grand piano and BIG TV. The kids had plenty to do and they ran around carefree and we didn't have to worry about them. It was very relaxing for the adults not having to worry about the kids who never claimed they were bored. Our adult kids who live with families in AZ plan to go back and visit on their own without us inviting and paying for it!! Now that is a compliment to a wonderful establishment.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thanks so much for posting your review and the great pictures. "Cowgirl Up!" They are beautiful children. Hope to see you return one day soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

First Dude ranch experience was pretty hard to beat! Wonderful facilities, super friendly staff and very well looked after horses. The wranglers were great but Johnny Lucas was super knowledgeable about the horses and the flora and fauna of the desert, and a great singer as well. I really liked the care the horses were given.

The care we were given was just as awesome. Great food and entertainment. Super nice guests that go there on a regular basis and seem to be family. Thanks for the great experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
flyingeranch, General Manager at Flying E Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for writing the nice review about your first Dude Ranch vacation. Glad we could make it special. Hope to see you back on our trails soon.