“Poorly Maintained.”

Quality Inn Wickenburg
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Wickenburg
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is a very small hotel, very quant.
It looks like it was very nice in its history, but has been poorly maintained by someone who obviously doesn't care.
My stay here was not planned, but after driving all day I needed a break for the night.
I did an Express Deal through Priceline for $64 plus tax and fees, total was almost $80 for the night. After staying the night I believe $80 per night to be way overpriced.
As soon as I entered the room I was struck by two things, how noisy the room was and the smell.
The main room had a funky, musty odor. While the bathroom smelled like raw sewage.
The noise was both the refrigerator and the AC/Heater.
Since I had no need for the fridge I unplugged it right away, then I went to the the heater which was harder to just turn off because it was a cold night.
It sounded like the fan blades were rubbing against something else inside the unit, something that is easily fixable, but remains neglected. It was way too loud to sleep while it was on.
I would have to get out of bed several times during the night to turn it on till the room warmed up, then turn it off again and try to get back to sleep. It was not a restful night, I have never seen myself with bags under my eyes before! But I guess there is a first time for everything.
I used an entire travel size Lysol spray trying to cover the odors too.
The Free Breakfast is Free because there is noway they could charge you anything for it.
Pancake shaped scrambled eggs were kind of weird. The photos online of the breakfast showed a tray full of bacon and I'm a bacon fiend. So I was really disappointed when I went down for breakfast and there was breakfast sausage patties but NO BACON!
That was the last straw for me and that prompted this review.
While checking out after "breakfast" I complained about the noises and the smells, the desk clerk claimed this was the first time he was hearing about those problems.
Even so, you should do something, anything, like a partial refund or a big discount on a future stay, but he did nothing to make up for my bad stay.
Their Free wifi is a joke, it doesn't allow you to do anything more than checking your email.
I tried to watch a Netflix movie on my iPad, but their wifi would not allow it.
Even trying to read an online newspaper, every picture in the paper is replaced with a message from Quality Inn saying that it was too much bandwidth being used.
Be careful doing Express Deals on Priceline, you might wind up with a place like this!

Room Tip: I don't know if ANY of their rooms are "good rooms".
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul Y
Manan K, Manager at Quality Inn Wickenburg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I had not expected I'd ever visit Wickenbug, Arizona, but I found myself there and needed a place to stay. There is not a lot of choice in this little town, and I chose the Quality Inn based on price and Trip Advisor. For an inexpensive hotel in a little town, I think they did an admirable job. The staff at the hotel could not be more friendly or helpful. The rooms were clean enough, and the air conditioning was quite robust. They offer a full hot breakfast in the morning that is similar to what you might find at a Springhill Suites. Wickenburg even grew on me in the 14 hours I spent there. So if you find yourself on that lonely stretch of road and need a place to stay, this one is just fine by me.

Room Tip: I would suggest an upstairs room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such a wonderful feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are glad that you had a memorable experience at our property. We strive to make all of our guest comfortable and relaxed. These comments encourage us to continually provide quality experience to our guests. We are glad you enjoyed our wonderful breakfast as our Management strives really hard to make the most important meal of the day the best meal of the day for our guests.

We hope you stay with us again soon.

Sincerely

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Last month I arrived at your hotel and expected to have a confirmed booking that I made online through Agoda. Lo and behold, upon my arrival with my wife, we found that I had erred and made the booking for Jan 4th rather than February 4th. The charge had been made to my M/C and I could have easily been hooped, however through the kindness and ability of the professional staff that are employed at your hotel we were fully compensated for and attended to.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Litenin23

Thank you for providing such wonderful and special comments. Your feedback you encourages us to provide the best experience for all of our guests. We are extremely thankful that you have decided to stay with us. We take pride in providing the quality service to our guests and your wonderful feedback inspires us to constantly improve oursleves and helps us better serve them.

We hope to see you again shortly and we greatly appreciate the feedback that you have provided.

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I don't remember having such amazing service at a hotel - or anywhere - like this in a long time! The staff was so courteous and efficient. It was nice to come in at the end of the day and be greeted with great conversation. The room was spotless and lacked nothing. The fridge and microwave were welcome amenities. The balcony had a great view. The free breakfast was always fresh and stocked.

I highly recommend this hotel. I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for sharing your wonderful commentsabout your stay with us. Its our goal to make sure that each guest has a pleasant night and a terrific experience. The staff does an amazing job making sure that the property is clean and inviting, because we understand the each guest wants to have a comfortable and relaxing stay when they are away from home. Customer service is our top priority and having a helpful and supportive staff makes that goal very achievable.

We are glad that you had a great stay with us and we hope to see you again shortly.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We checked into this motel without a reservation and was pleasantly surprised that they had a vacancy. The deskclerk, Kevin, was very nice and helpful. After we returned from dinner and went to our room we found that it had a "do not disturb" sign on the door. We went ahead and opened the door and found the room vacant but not cleaned. When we told the deskclerk he immediately assigned us a different, upgraded room. The room was very large and nice. The room was clean and quiet. After oversleeping the next morning we were given a late checkout time at no charge. I was happy with the experience and will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank saintsfanwhodat
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Hotel is centrally located, just a couple of minutes drive away from the historic centre of Wickenburg. Rooms are a bit old but clean, quiet and functional. There is WiFi and free breakfast. The welcome by the staff is very friendly and they give hints about things to see and do in the area. The view from the hotel is nice if the room is located to the back. Good place to stay on the drive through.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay in this charming central Arizona community. Virtually anything the traveler could want was provided, and the price was extremely reasonable. The bed was comfortable, as was the furniture. (I'm not a TV watcher, so I can't vouch for thee television.) The breakfast was tasty and healthful, and everything was clean as a whistle.

But of course, every property rises or falls on the basis of its staff, and the Quality Inn Wickenburg is blest with a great one. I was checked in by Penny, who went our of her way to provide help and guidance to make sure my stay in Wickenburg was enjoyable. And Kevin, who was on duty on Wednesday morning, was likewise extremely helpful and pleasant, even making a phone call for me to my next appointment to tell them I might be a little late. Such great people in a fine establishment!

Room Tip: Ask for one on the first floor, with a patio, and desert view. Definitely ask for one on the first f...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo