“FAMILY FRIENDLY”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vunaniu
Matanivusi Surf Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vunaniu
Goldcoast
“FAMILY FRIENDLY”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

If you are looking for a holiday to cater for a surfing Husband , small child or children , and a tired Mother this is where you want to stay. We recently spent 8 days at the resort and had an amazing time . They say " furniture makes a house " in this case the staff make the resort.
Brian the owner was so helpful and friendly and the staff went out of there way to look after us all especially my 3 yr old Daughter . The food was great the bunglows very spacious and clean. All in all super relaxing holiday without the hype or structure of a big resort . What I enjoyed most was that everyone was happy , my Husband surfed , my Daughter played with the staff and I relaxed knowing that everyone was happy. If you are traveling with small children I recommend having a night in Daneru or Nadi as its a good 2.5 hrs from the airport . I would happily return !

Room Tip: If you have small children request a bungalow close to the restaurant
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Gai O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Had a great stay with Brian and Donna over Easter. Rooms were great, Food was even better and got some good waves. Plenty to do if the waves are flat. My Girlfriend and I only stayed three nights and wish we'd stayed longer! Will be going back soon.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I recently holidayed here with my partner and his family (brother and father) and their partners. All the men surf and it worked out perfectly, while they got up early and went surfing the girls would sleep in and have brunch. Then the staff would come and see what activities you would like to do, fishing, snorkelling, plantation walk, hill lookout walk (definitely a must-do), beach walk anything really! There are standup paddle boards, kayaks and mountain bikes just to name a few things available, and even better they are all included in your room rate. As well as books, and other games, cards and chess available for the lazy afternoons.
The meals are held altogether between certain times, with a sit down time for dinner. This made getting to know the other guests very easy (although I was normally too tired and would trot off to bed early!). This also made it a very casual atmosphere, the service by the wait/bar staff was amazing, very hospitable and nothing was a problem.
Mealtimes were set but flexible and accommodating, especially to the guests that went out surfing. As soon as we entered the village and entered the resort it was immediate relaxation. The resort is so tranquil and quiet, and is the ultimate in eco living. All the bures are built around the rainforest and landscape. No clearing or chainsaws heard here! The showers are gas heated and the water source is rainwater. Neither of these caused problems for us and added to the relaxation. The only thing you could hear at night that woke be up suddenly a few times were the coconuts dropping down onto the roof! But this simply adds to the resorts eco-appeal and relaxation. Did not hear one plane or car while I was there. This seclusion more than made up for the 2hr bumpy car trip each way. It was well worth it when we got there.
I would definitely go back again, it was my father-in-laws 3rd time there and my brother-in-laws 2nd.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alana C
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 April 2013

My husband and I spent a week at Matanivusi for our honeymoon, and it was perfect. We were there to surf, and that's what we got to do! In between great waves we enjoyed fantastic food, really friendly staff and lots of relaxation time (including awesome massages by Suzie). The bures are simple but clean and have a great bathroom. Air con would have been welcome as it was really hot and muggy, but we managed okay with our regular dips in the pool and ocean! Donna and Brian are fantastic hosts, and their staff are lovely. It was great to see the connection between the resort and the local village Vunaniu. Once the yoga retreat is built Matanivusi will cater to people who have interests outside of surfing, but I'd be happy with it just the way it is - empty waves and a chilled place to enjoy them! Thanks for a perfect honeymoon.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Boogslucas
Broadbeach, Australia
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I spent a week at Mantanivusi with my daughter in January. It was the most relaxing holiday I have had. The food was great, location is amazing and the staff made us feel very welcome. It was nice to be greeted each morning by name and a big smile.

I am not a surfer but enjoyed hearing all the stories while having sunset snacks and cocktails by the pool at the end of the day

A place where you can do as much or as little as you like. For me, it was all about relaxation and I was not disappointed. I can also highly recommend Susy for a great massage.

Highlight for me (apart from the amazing pool) was the Kava session and Lovo.

Thank you Donna and Brian, we will be back

PS. A big thank you also to Tony and Lesi, you guys are awesome.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Sharon H
methen
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We stayed at Matanivusi for a week with our 10 month old baby. The location is so beautiful and such a wonderful, safe place for a wee bub.
The staff were so accomodating and super helpful, we arrived and our room was all set up for us and bub. The pool was so amazing, and enjoyed the sunset snacks and drinks.
Nothing was a hassle, felt like a home away from home.
Loved the nannies, enjoyed some time to ourselves kayaking and paddle boarding. Had a nice romantic dinner on the deck. My partner loved the surf, and bub and I managed to keep ourselves entertained............it wasn't hard hanging at the pool.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank arnika b
Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

I absolutely love staying at matanivusi resort, it feels like your staying with family but have your own private beachfront bure to hide away in if you want to. The owners are a wonderful couple and the staff always have a amile on their face and go out of their way to help you out and make yourself feel at home. With all meals and most activities included in the price it is definitely well worth it, you can do as much or as little as you want, It felt like I had my own personal tour guide showing me where all the best snorkelling and kayaking spots were. I highly recommend this place to surfers and non surfers alike.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Kristiepywell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vunaniu
The Warwick Fiji
Waidroka Bay Resort
Waidroka Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Korovisilou
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort

Been to Matanivusi Surf Resort? Share your experiences!