“Surprisingly Enjoyable”

Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Wikieup
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 29 July 2013

When you pass through the not so huge metropolis of Wikieup AZ the reduced speed limit is usually what you pay attention to the most. I would suggest paying attention to the Wikieup Trading Post the next time you pass through.

While there is a mini-mart, the ever-important rest rooms (right inside the door), a gift show with lots of jewelry - the sit down restaurant was quite a surprise! It is nothing fancy or anything but the service was good and the food was much better than expected. The food came out quickly and was hot and tasty. The staff was happy to see us (always a good thing) and the server recommendations were spot on!

We would stop there again..........this time for more than just our usual restroom break!

2  Thank KaraVV

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Wikieup is slightly larger than a wide spot in the road. This was the one spot that caught our eye, after we discovered that Luchia's was closed (hopefully not permanently). I had a burrito, which was just OK. It was smothered in chili (yes, that's chili with an "i" on the end, not an "e" and I'm OK with that). My mom had enchiladas, also smothered in chili. It was clearly not from a can, and was pretty good chili, but not the best chili I've ever had - Tortilla Flat still holds that distinction. That said, Wikieup Trading Post is a good option is you're passing through this part of Arizona.

2  Thank Jason H
Reviewed 16 April 2013

A sit down meal, quality, reasonably priced SW jewelry, road munchies in a place built by hard work over decades by solid, gritty real Western Americans. Also almost the only gasoline for 60 miles. A good stop.

1  Thank tceng
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Although the location is really nothing to look at, the menu here is not bad for a quick bite while driving north.

1  Thank mscCaveCreek_Arizona
Reviewed 11 March 2013

It wouldn’t take much effort to serve better food and be hospitable but, unfortunately, the owner just doesn’t care.

I ordered the rattlesnake steak special, which includes a t-shirt, for $15 but was told they ran out of snake over a year ago and it would not be returning. The owner was unapologetic and said the menus cost too much to replace. Settled for an over-cooked, freezer burned $8 burger.

The facilities are dirty, old, and tired. The dust and dirt under the counter and ice machine appear to have been there for some time. The restrooms are very dated and were in need of deep cleaning.

Our waitress was pleasant but service was a little slow. When I asked the owner for something, she informed me that she was not a waitress.

Likewise, the convenience store is over-priced.

While I’d prefer to support a local/small business, my $8 burger would have purchased eight McDoubles at the nearby McDonald’s. McDonald’s quality, service, and cleanliness would have been better.

2  Thank JMH_10