I stayed in Waidroka last month and it was a wonderful finish to my trip. The location is ideal, set against the water with the tropical forest as a backdrop. The small team that runs the resort takes good care of all the guests. Meals are well prepared – great burgers. I was there for surfing and we went out to Frigates each day – they packed lunches and I just thought the entire operation was well run. Nice room, grounds, people, boats and decent rates, what more can you ask for? A tip – take a shared van from Nadi to Pac Harbor and save on the trip to the resort. It’s around $15 FJ vs $100+ for a private taxi. It’s basically a non-stop ride except for the pit-stop the van makes for refreshments. The vans leave from a parking lot that is located across a grassy field next to the main bus station. Just show up and jump on one. It will drop you off in the village of Korovisilou in front of JT’s general store, just like it’s written on the site. Note that JT charges a small fee ($2 FJ) to call for the van to come from the resort to pick you up. NB: those crummy reviews from ages ago do not reflect the resort at this time. It’s a very nice place. I’ll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where tropical rainforest meets the Pacific Ocean nestles a tranquil Boutique Resort, offering an absolute adventure into Fiji's culture combined with worldclass SURFING - DIVING - FISHING and everything else the ocean has to offer. The perfect combination of pure relaxation and exhilarating action, Waidroka Bay Resort offers mind-blowing Surfing at Frigates Passage and many other breaks like famous Pipe or Serua Rights, world class Diving at the famous Bega Lagoon & Reef, as well as shark diving, Game- & Sport Fishing, Snorkeling, Kayaking, Rainforest-Trekking and all that is expected of a Fijian oceanfront adventurer paradise. Famous Fijian hospitality and smiles, a variety of beautiful accommodation, great food, stunning views, exhilarating activities on the highest level and a dream location conveniently located on the main island, Viti Levu, only 2 hours distance from the airport and 20 minutes away from the 'Adventure Capital' of Pacific Harbour - yet totally secluded in the midst of the rainforest on our own private Lagoon. Waidroka Bay Resort is a true haven for those seeking a home away from home combined with an intimate and private boutique experience and atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Waidroka Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waidroka Bay Hotel Korovisilou
- Waidroka Bay Surf Dive Hotel
- Waidroka Bay Surf Dive Resort