I am an Advanced Open Water Diver who was looking for some beautiful waters in which to grow my Scuba skills and have a relaxing and memorable experience. I totally found it!! The Island of Viti Levu in Fiji and the Waidroka Bay Resort was a superb location for so many reasons. The dive sites are incredible and we saw tons of soft coral, gorgonian fans, sharks, dolphins, turtles, puffer fish, just unbelievable colors. The Divemasters, Rick and Alison were very experienced and so familiar with the local dive sites that they added so much to the dives. We felt really informed, safe and like we were getting the very best. At the resort we stayed in some really cool Bures that made it feel a bit like a private island on the edge of our very own rain forest. The resort has lots to do in the downtime like kayaking and even a fabulous massage under a hut in the rain. Wow! The Fijian staff was so kind and interactive and like others have said, they knew my name the first day and used it often. It felt like I was staying with family. Finally, the Waidroka Bay is run by two really cool general managers, Kirsti and Paul and they go out of their way to make sure you are taken care of-top notch, excellent hospitality! I highly recommend this resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where tropical rainforest meets the Pacific Ocean nestles a tranquil Boutique Resort, offering an absolute adventure into Fiji's culture combined with worldclass SURFING - DIVING - FISHING and everything else the ocean has to offer. The perfect combination of pure relaxation and exhilarating action, Waidroka Bay Resort offers mind-blowing Surfing at Frigates Passage and many other breaks like famous Pipe or Serua Rights, world class Diving at the famous Bega Lagoon & Reef, as well as shark diving, Game- & Sport Fishing, Snorkeling, Kayaking, Rainforest-Trekking and all that is expected of a Fijian oceanfront adventurer paradise. Famous Fijian hospitality and smiles, a variety of beautiful accommodation, great food, stunning views, exhilarating activities on the highest level and a dream location conveniently located on the main island, Viti Levu, only 2 hours distance from the airport and 20 minutes away from the 'Adventure Capital' of Pacific Harbour - yet totally secluded in the midst of the rainforest on our own private Lagoon. Waidroka Bay Resort is a true haven for those seeking a home away from home combined with an intimate and private boutique experience and atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Waidroka Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waidroka Bay Hotel Korovisilou
- Waidroka Bay Surf Dive Hotel
- Waidroka Bay Surf Dive Resort