The WBR website accurately reflects what the resort looks like. It's a decent quiet space with very little neighbors by land or water, over and down a hill via a winding path from the main road. The resort is well kept and maintained, the views are awesome across the water and from any vantage point whether it be up by the panorama rooms or down to the docks.
The rooms and overall facilities are clean and 'new' showing maintenance and care. I probably had a nap every day, and found the beds to be comfortable. There's no tv, not needed I hope and a small fridge. Their rental dive and surf gear is good as I traveled light with my reg, mask and fins only. They operate three boats, due to conditions I was on the largest one the entire trip.
Taking their meal plan; 3 square meals a day with a menu for breakfast and lunch and the chef's varying offers for a 3 course dinner. I found their food to be very good, solid to pack carbs and proteins (even for the boat lunches on 3 dive days), and good offerings of fish and super tasty rich desserts for dinner. They have a nice offering of spirits, local beers and Australian wines as well.
Dinner is family/cafeteria style which is great. As with any trip/vacation there's an openness to listen and share with your fellow visitors and hosts. My October trip wasn't very crowded, regardless I'm so thankful for the amazing and kind people I did get to meet. The staff and service are great and helpful all around, and would be a key to my choosing to go back to WBR.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where tropical rainforest meets the Pacific Ocean nestles a tranquil Boutique Resort, offering an absolute adventure into Fiji's culture combined with worldclass SURFING - DIVING - FISHING and everything else the ocean has to offer. The perfect combination of pure relaxation and exhilarating action, Waidroka Bay Resort offers mind-blowing Surfing at Frigates Passage and many other breaks like famous Pipe or Serua Rights, world class Diving at the famous Bega Lagoon & Reef, as well as shark diving, Game- & Sport Fishing, Snorkeling, Kayaking, Rainforest-Trekking and all that is expected of a Fijian oceanfront adventurer paradise. Famous Fijian hospitality and smiles, a variety of beautiful accommodation, great food, stunning views, exhilarating activities on the highest level and a dream location conveniently located on the main island, Viti Levu, only 2 hours distance from the airport and 20 minutes away from the 'Adventure Capital' of Pacific Harbour - yet totally secluded in the midst of the rainforest on our own private Lagoon. Waidroka Bay Resort is a true haven for those seeking a home away from home combined with an intimate and private boutique experience and atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Waidroka Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waidroka Bay Hotel Korovisilou
- Waidroka Bay Surf Dive Hotel
- Waidroka Bay Surf Dive Resort