Waidroka Bay Resort has great potential. We had visited this resort several years ago when the resort was owned by Americans. While it is a budget resort, it was a great place for divers and surfers. We had our son, a surfer, and he absolutely had the best time. We dived, he surfed, and we had a great one week stay. Unfortunately, things have changed. The American owners sold the resort, I think a year ago. The place is not up to par. Towels and linens are not changed with any regularity, rooms are not swept. I am surprised to read the positive reviews, and question the validity of these reviews, unless we hit it at a very bad week. Surfers are no longer catered to - the owners were not willing to get up early to supply breakfast before the surfers left. There were several surfers at the resort when we were there besides my son, and they were given a bag of cookies to last them through the whole day surfing! Manytimes the owners did not want to bother organizing surf trips, even though people had booked the week to go surfing. We were very discouraged, and disappointed to travel all the way from the US to find that we were treated as minor annoyances. As far as the activities another reviewer wrote about, we found zero. Yes, they had a kayak, but when we asked to use them, they said "no, you won't get back in time before low tide" and we had 4 hours before the tides were low! It just seemed like they didn't want to bother with guests, and were definitely not qualified for the hospitality business. The food was not just fair, it was poor. Menu was limited to mostly fried, greasy foods, ans spaghetti that was stuck together in a giant climp. Plus, the food was overpriced for what you got. Being so far off the main road, you had no other option than to eat, sleep and drink right on site. We will not be returning, and are just glad that we've stayed elsewhere in Fiji so we know how good it really can be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where tropical rainforest meets the Pacific Ocean nestles a tranquil Boutique Resort, offering an absolute adventure into Fiji's culture combined with worldclass SURFING - DIVING - FISHING and everything else the ocean has to offer. The perfect combination of pure relaxation and exhilarating action, Waidroka Bay Resort offers mind-blowing Surfing at Frigates Passage and many other breaks like famous Pipe or Serua Rights, world class Diving at the famous Bega Lagoon & Reef, as well as shark diving, Game- & Sport Fishing, Snorkeling, Kayaking, Rainforest-Trekking and all that is expected of a Fijian oceanfront adventurer paradise. Famous Fijian hospitality and smiles, a variety of beautiful accommodation, great food, stunning views, exhilarating activities on the highest level and a dream location conveniently located on the main island, Viti Levu, only 2 hours distance from the airport and 20 minutes away from the 'Adventure Capital' of Pacific Harbour - yet totally secluded in the midst of the rainforest on our own private Lagoon. Waidroka Bay Resort is a true haven for those seeking a home away from home combined with an intimate and private boutique experience and atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Waidroka Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waidroka Bay Hotel Korovisilou
- Waidroka Bay Surf Dive Hotel
- Waidroka Bay Surf Dive Resort