Stayed night of Sept 17th with plans to ride the train Williams to the Grand Canyon the next morning. The hotel was cozy, clean, and the room was charming. The staff was very friendly. The only issue was the food. There is an option to buy the train tickets with meals included in the ticket price for the train along with an overnight stay. The depot restaurant doesn't have very good food. It's essentially a sit down cafeteria with a buffet line where food is kept warm by steam trays. I would suggest travellers consider passing on the food coupons that come with the Canyon Train ticket and walk about 2 blocks to the center of Williams where there are several places with better food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury of a bygone era at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Designed to resemble the century-old train depot that housed the original Fray Marcos Hotel, our hotel is a relaxing retreat in a picturesque Western setting. The 298-room hotel is just a block away from downtown Williams and historic Route 66. Combined with a variety of amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, an indoor pool and hot tub, delicious dining options at Grand Depot Cafe and Spenser's Pub, The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel is the perfect place to stay before embarking on your grandest of journeys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway