Okay, This is Williams Arizona... Not Las Vegas or Beverly Hills - I would hold those cities to another (higher) standard. Below I will summarize the points about this hotel:
Room - 3 Stars - 19" Tube TV, Typical motel style room. You can hear talking in adjoining rooms.
Room Cleanliness - 5 Stars - Great housekeeping staff!
Bed Comfort - 4 Stars
Front Desk Staff - 5 Stars - Friendly & they do their job quickly & well
Hotel Amenities - 5 Stars - Indoor Pool, Workout Room
Parking - 3 Stars - Could be a walk from where you finally find a place to park to your room.
Lobby - 4 Stars - Soft couches & chairs, A large fireplace
Would I stay here again? Yes... We took the train into the Grand Canyon & you can't find a more convenient location. The place is clean & the staff are friendly. Your other choices are Super 8 style motels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury of a bygone era at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Designed to resemble the century-old train depot that housed the original Fray Marcos Hotel, our hotel is a relaxing retreat in a picturesque Western setting. The 298-room hotel is just a block away from downtown Williams and historic Route 66. Combined with a variety of amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, an indoor pool and hot tub, delicious dining options at Grand Depot Cafe and Spenser's Pub, The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel is the perfect place to stay before embarking on your grandest of journeys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway