Traveled with my Aunt and Uncle (in their 60's) to visit the Grand Canyon and Sedona. All three of us stayed in a suite, Room 2372. Updated beautifully. Looked brand new - all upgraded fixtures, etc. This room had a separate sleeping area and bathroom - large patio - we enjoyed it immensely.
Beds are very comfortable - two queen size - heavenly bed style with extra pillows. Couch in living room was very firm and very comfortable. Suites have refrigerator, wet bar, vanity area with sink outside of bathroom - Keurig coffee maker and pods. I'm not sure what my total cost was for the room as I booked the room as a package with the train trip - however, I am sure it was less than what I paid at the Disney Grand Californian and much nicer. The cafe for meals is buffet style, but it was good and had a nice variety for breakfast and dinner.
Spenser's Bar is on site and is very nice, well appointed with dark wood and has an upscale old style saloon feel. Happy hour is very reasonable and chips and salsa are complimentary. The salsa is homemade and very tasty.
This hotel would have been rated excellent, but the hallways need update - I think they weren't updated with the rooms and have a smell similar to a retirement community. That is the only downside and my time in the hallways was minimal. Would definitely recommend and I would stay here again.
If you book the train experience, book the luxury cars - well worth the extra money - great views and more space to relax on the 2 hr. trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury of a bygone era at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Designed to resemble the century-old train depot that housed the original Fray Marcos Hotel, our hotel is a relaxing retreat in a picturesque Western setting. The 298-room hotel is just a block away from downtown Williams and historic Route 66. Combined with a variety of amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, an indoor pool and hot tub, delicious dining options at Grand Depot Cafe and Spenser's Pub, The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel is the perfect place to stay before embarking on your grandest of journeys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway