We stayed at the hotel as part of a package, with meals and transport to the Grand Canyon included. It was clean, and nicely appointed. Not luxurious, but functional and well maintained. I didn't go for the suite, but rather the deluxe room. It didn't seem that deluxe to me, just a large room with 2 beds. Our room was on the 1st floor, so at times seemed a little loud. Hotel staff were friendly and gave good information. Lots of little kids here for the Polar Express so that adds to the noise and complexity. Ask to be away from children if that is not your thing. Also, ask what time the Polar Express returns and eat before it arrives. Also, don't count on grabbing a bite right before the train and departing, everybody else is thinking the same thing. Food was not awesome, but it was what I expected given the high number of kids. If you are looking for a gourmet experience, try elsewhere. We were there for the tourism aspect, not the dining, and we were satisfied.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury of a bygone era at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Designed to resemble the century-old train depot that housed the original Fray Marcos Hotel, our hotel is a relaxing retreat in a picturesque Western setting. The 298-room hotel is just a block away from downtown Williams and historic Route 66. Combined with a variety of amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, an indoor pool and hot tub, delicious dining options at Grand Depot Cafe and Spenser's Pub, The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel is the perfect place to stay before embarking on your grandest of journeys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway