I enjoyed my time there. We went in an off season, so there were not many people to contend with. The trip was a package event. The price was a bit high, but it was worth the experience. The hotel was clean, the train trip to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon was fun! The people who work there are friendly. The only things that is keeping me from giving the "all excellent" are for the price of the hotel, they should put mints or something on the pillows, and the cafe across the compound, gave my niece a glass with lipstick on it. She didn't see it until she drank from it, and the waiter laughed. So if you go there watch the tableware, but other than that you will have an awesome time! By the way, the Grand Canyon is spectacular!!!!!!! Happy travels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury of a bygone era at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Designed to resemble the century-old train depot that housed the original Fray Marcos Hotel, our hotel is a relaxing retreat in a picturesque Western setting. The 298-room hotel is just a block away from downtown Williams and historic Route 66. Combined with a variety of amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, an indoor pool and hot tub, delicious dining options at Grand Depot Cafe and Spenser's Pub, The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel is the perfect place to stay before embarking on your grandest of journeys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway