I stayed here in January. It was awful.
First, the staff tried to tell me it was a historic hotel. Sorry, but I'm originally from the area. The old hotel is now the depot. The current hotel was built in the 90s. Get your facts straight.
Second. I paid $200 a night for what was just about Motel 6 quality. And what's with the awful colors in the rooms and outside? Who painted the place, the local pre-school?
I chose to stay in town for a few more nights. I checked into another hotel on Route 66. It was just as good, but only cost $40 a night. The rooms were much better, especially considering the price.
Also, for the money you'd expect free wifi, actual cable TV, a clean pool and room service. Instead you get nothing more than Motel 6 quality, a lousy "pub" that serves pasta? (What pub serves pasta?!?) and staff that can't make a decision or seems to know anything.
Do yourself a favor, avoid this place at all costs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury of a bygone era at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Designed to resemble the century-old train depot that housed the original Fray Marcos Hotel, our hotel is a relaxing retreat in a picturesque Western setting. The 298-room hotel is just a block away from downtown Williams and historic Route 66. Combined with a variety of amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, an indoor pool and hot tub, delicious dining options at Grand Depot Cafe and Spenser's Pub, The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel is the perfect place to stay before embarking on your grandest of journeys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, bedfinder AG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway