For what it is.........it is ok. This place is a layover. The only reason you are here is to stay over to hop on a train into the Grand Canyon in the morning. That it does adequately. Ample parking, friendly check-in and staff and acceptable clean room. The Buffet is ok. The problem with this place is that you are essentially held captive here. Arrive, check-in, eat, watch TV and go to bed. That's it......a layover. It could do well with something more. Some kind of evening entertainment. Possibly a evening campfire or something. There is a pool and a few arcade games and of course a gift shop. PARTY TIME!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury of a bygone era at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Designed to resemble the century-old train depot that housed the original Fray Marcos Hotel, our hotel is a relaxing retreat in a picturesque Western setting. The 298-room hotel is just a block away from downtown Williams and historic Route 66. Combined with a variety of amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, an indoor pool and hot tub, delicious dining options at Grand Depot Cafe and Spenser's Pub, The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel is the perfect place to stay before embarking on your grandest of journeys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway